Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Charlieson

Sovereign 3212V transmission

RenegadeJ
Charlie...If you need the key that is on the pulley shaft my parts book shows part number 154354. Could this be the one you need. If so let me know. I have an extra one.

Charlieson
I got my parts in yesterday to replace the axle tube assembly. I started rebuilding the rearend and noticed that a key was broken. I called the local Simplicity dealer with the part number of the key (154394) only to find that the part is no longer available. Spent about 15 minutes on the phone with the lady in the parts department before she understood what I wanted. I have the IPB that they gave me last week. The dealer said they could make me a key out of keystoke. I can do this myself. I was going to go ahead and order the Pinion Assembly for 1st and 3rd gear, but at $108.00 I decided to wait. I replaced the 1 and 3 gears, shifting forks and bearing in my old Model 70 cub cadet for less. Man these simplicity parts are high. I think I will wait to replace the Pinion Assembly. The gears dont look all that bad (a little rounded).

Charlieson
Thats the part number that I have also. The simplicity dealer says that it is no longer available. If you have one, How much do you want for it, and when can you send it? ddh

MPH
for what its worth, I found new keys with the ears on them for my 112 at a bearing store in Fairbanks. They had a bin full of assorted sizes.The store is similar to the Presicion Bearing Stores I used to go to in Nebr..MPH

Charlieson
I took the old key and bought some steel key stock at the hardware store. Then with a little precision grinding, I was able to make a key that is almost identical to the old one. Guess this is why they dont sell these anymore. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. It has rained here for the past two days, but I got the rearend assembled just dont have it on the tractor yet. ddh