Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers B-12 Loader

NateShedivy

Hi there, I currently have a 1967 Allis Chalmers B-12 and have just recently spotted a loader tractor. The tractor is supposedly a Big Ten with a L112 loader. Does anyone know what loaders would fit on a B-12 and if the L112 would fit on it. Thanks all.

Nate, welcome!  The 'big ten' in WI actually appears to be an early B-10.  It's a fantastic price and I'm sure there's a line for it.  The L-12 and L-112 loaders are the exact same, however, teh subframe for the L-112 is longer to accomodate the longer fame of the tractors it was designated to fit:

• B-112
  • HB-112
  • B-210
  • B-212
  • HB-212

The L-12 loader fit the shorter frame machines (3-speed tractors)

• B-10 (early and late)
  • B-12
  • B-110

The L-12 could also work on a B-1 tractor.

In the ad, the loader is definitely on a 3 speed tractor, so regardless of the model number on the tractor, it will fit your B-12.    Good luck!  It would be a fantastic addition to your tractor.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the fast and thorough response. In the ad my question is, does that tractor have a shorter sub frame then with the l112 loader like you talked about above. I was also wondering if you could make a sub frame from a b112 work on a b-12 because I have seen b112's with a loader on sale on craigslist in the past. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, NateShedivy said:

Thank you very much for the fast and thorough response. In the ad my question is, does that tractor have a shorter sub frame then with the l112 loader like you talked about above. I was also wondering if you could make a sub frame from a b112 work on a b-12 because I have seen b112's with a loader on sale on craigslist in the past. Thank you.

The loader in the ad has the shorter subframe.  The tractor is a 3-speed/short frame.  The Loader bears the model number, but unbolts from the 2 types of subframe and they can be swapped around over time, or mated that way from a dealer.  

I'm sure it's possible to make a longframe/112 subframe fit a shortframe/12 tractor, but the fabricator would need to crate entirely new rear mounts and change the geometry in front of the rear tires to make the frame work.  The front section and mounts are the same.  For your purposes, the loader for sale is a direct fit to your B-12

I was looking at the pictures and couldn't quite tell if it has a factory subframe or a homemade one. Though more pictures would be nice.

Well it is sold and farmer Matt bought it per the seller. I hope Matt is a member and it pops up for show here at ST.