Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Hubnut

Simplicity 6216 any good?

Hubnut

I found a 6216 in pretty nice condition close by.  Owner wants $250 which seems reasonable.  Are these good machines?  Unfortunately, it is missing the mower deck--bummer.  Not sure if these are easy to get from another mower.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

fishnwiz

175 to 200 without deck TOPS IMO. nice tractor...good engine. Decks are available for 100 give or take 25.00 in my area. jmo

JohnMBerst

I have mine dedicated to the snow blowing duties, and works well.  Have to replace the key switch, but overall the 16hp and 42" blower are unstoppable.

Decks are around, and have a 48" on my 6516 which cuts very well.  Decks from 4200, 5200, and 6200 will all fit.

steve-wis

The 6216 is the same as the Allis T816, which I have.  I have used it for snow blowing for a number of years and it has always worked well.  The vari-drive does need to be serviced regularly, cleaned and lubed, to keep it working properly.  I like the vari-drive for blowing, next best thing to a hydro.  If it is in really nice shape I would give the $250 for it, assuming seat, tires, etc are all good.

Steve-wis