Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

All the possibilities...

SmilinSam

medium.DSCN1584.JPG.467c5c6656f4d4bbd940

medium.DSCN1585.JPG.b19cba9ce5027c46c1b8

medium.DSCN1197.JPG.0c8c9780a5ba15cb8a9e

Alot of different possibilities here. The 3415 is going to get an engine as its a nice straight machine. Cant get more than 50 lbs of compression  out of the briggs and the fuel blows back up through the carb on the compression stroke. Tried lapping the valve and no results.

Got one real good running 16hp kohler, another thats likely good but yet to be run on the stand, and a 12 that may be usable but as yet untried.

Going to drop the running 16 in the Duetz to test out the tranny and hydraulics. Beyond that unsure which way to go. Could fix up the Duetz and repaint, or save the rear end for another FTD/RBT hydro conversion...

Ya like the red bolens rims on the DA? I should repaint all 4 in red...then it would be like the pre-Allis Duetz tractors LoL Nice Christmas colors he he he.....

I do have a thrid sundstrand hydro over there in the back of the one picture. Condition unknown. Someone added a riser pipe to the vent ...so dont know about that one.

Lots of ways to go here...dOd

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GregB said:

Stuff just keeps following you home Sam :D

GregB, can you explain that phenomenon to my wife, please?

• Like 2

Back in the RBT business eh???   I'd definitely fix up the Deutz. A power buffer will save you from needing to paint the Deutz as the paint blemishes appear to be limited. Should clean up well. 

6 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Back in the RBT business eh???   I'd definitely fix up the Deutz. A power buffer will save you from needing to paint the Deutz as the paint blemishes appear to be limited. Should clean up well. 

Funny how that works isnt it?  When you only spend an average of $40 or less  for tractors and engines at the auctions its hard NOT to bring them home&:)

Had to buy a longer drivesahft off Ebay to plant the single in the DA, so waiting for that. Not sure whats going to develop there. The whole tranny was caked with dried oil that had to be power washed off. The lash in the gears in the bgb is pretty loose too, though the bearings feel ok.  If the tranny doesnt leak like a sieve when running I'll have to try some more shimms between the bgb and the frame plate to tighten it up. Otherwise I may pull the newer bgb off  the 3310h and use it. Did a sunstrand conversion on it last year, and put a cone clutch pto on it. If I get the sickle mower at the auction today I'll be putting the old style pto and bgb back in the 3310 to run the mower on it.

The green paint is too bad to just buff. Lots of peel and surface rust not shown in the pictures. However I still have most of a a gallon of DA green paint I can spray.

About to test run the second K341 on the stand. If it works I'll drop it right in the 3415. Though I hate paint jobs, Its probably going to get a new coat of rustoleum chevy engine and the same gray shade I painted the wheels and hood with on the 3310.

Just playing:J

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Admit it Sam, you're addicted.666

sm01

Ya know Bill, I thought the sickness was in remission....

However, at the moment the fever has returned...and its running on the high side....666

Enflamed by this $50 purchase today at the auction....666&:)dOd

medium.DSCN1586.JPG.b23a81d2bdb6f42330e2

Not a whole lot of real wear..

medium.DSCN1588.JPG.14851afe769d65a33bc6

The ledgers are great and the cutters are not too bad with a few nicks nd a couple of tips snapped off. Going to have to repair or replace the drive bracket that has had the end broke off at some point.

medium.DSCN1589.JPG.8056bc139fe1a26252db

That and make a cable bracket for the tractor & slap some new red paint on it.. Will look sharp on the 3310H

All the heim joints appear to be good. A little wear in the needle bearings on the main drive shaft, but I think I already have some replacements. laying around somewhere here if it appears to be a problem... Got to make a swathboard just for show, and I think there is a post somewhere in here with all the measurements  in it.

Got alot of work to do now:)

• Like 4

wow at those deals even if one was not addicted you soon would be, but with that being said- this hobby is simply maddening at times, right when you think you are IN control it all changes with a simple auction or phone call ! 

• Like 4

Willpower is seriously lacking in this membership. ...that along with all the enablers make for  a dangerous combination. O.o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You've been hitting the right auctions Sam! I have only been to one this year, but I have been mowing with a 5 dollar Honda self propelled from it. Not as good as your deals though. 

10 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Willpower is seriously lacking in this membership. ...that along with all the enablers make for  a dangerous combination. O.o

It all depends on which way the will power is aimed..

I stood out in the pouring rain and then driving wind  for over 3 hours waiting for that sickle mower to sell9_9

• Sad 1

Hmmmmm, at 20$ per if you figure your time, the Dr. bill and antibiotic to fight of pneumonia it could be a pretty expensive mowing machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

O.o

I got you beat....3 hr drive...10 hrs in the rain...1 morel mushroom and a badly sprained left knee.  I Win!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, spi said:

Hmmmmm, at 20$ per if you figure your time, the Dr. bill and antibiotic to fight of pneumonia it could be a pretty expensive mowing machine.

I'm afraid it is going to get more expensive.  While I can repair or manufacture a new pitman arm/shaft, all the rest of the oem pitman parts are missing. Someone replaced them with  a straight piece of pipe with a heim joint threaded into each end. So, basically I need a whole new pitman assembly....

No problem, will just take more time and some more money to completedOd

1 hour ago, fishnwiz said:

O.o

I got you beat....3 hr drive...10 hrs in the rain...1 morel mushroom and a badly sprained left knee.  I Win!

1 morel ?   Thats just wrong !  

Why thats worse than finding none at all, cause when you find one you think theres got to be more...so you keep walking around torturing yourself666

Yeah, Ill give you that victory&:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MDB said:

Hey Sam,

How about an updated version of this icon....

I was thinking of a Simplicity flat top version. Could get a start on it with what parts are sitting here, but will need to hit some more auctions or run some ads to get some more material to work with to finish it.

7 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

1 morel ?   Thats just wrong !  

Why thats worse than finding none at all, cause when you find one you think theres got to be more...so you keep walking around torturing yourself666

Yeah, Ill give you that victory&:)

Gee thanks for conceding victory . Now I can take my winnings and buy some morels at the farmers market.:P

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress to make note of....

Second 16hp k341 runs real good too. Not a bit of smoke. starts good when the cheapo exide battery is charged up. When its not, it hangs up on the compression stroke if its starting to crank against that stroke.  Maybe the compression release is not working right, but  like I said, if the battery is up it seems to crank over fine.

Put that in the 3415,  got the wheels painted and front tires swapped out for better ones., and got the tractor all plubed and wired up. Seemd to run around OK in the preliminary trials. Hood will get some paint next and installed. Frame will get painted at a later date.

Got the other engine in the da917. It ran around good, other that the bevel gearbox in that tractor is a total write off. Input shaft bearing is toast and it wobbles enough that  it literally shakes the tractor. Oil on the tranny was from a bad input shaft seal. Got one coming.

Took the gearbox out of the 3310 and dset oit aside for the 917. Put the original 3310 gearbox bak in and put the old style pto back on it. Ready to roll the tractor halves back together

Got pitman  pats for the sickle mower and material to make a new drive shaft., so thats coming along too.

Throwed the KT17 series 2 engine on the test stand and got it running to see if the starter,  ignition coil, carb and charging system is good good. It starts right up and runs fairly smooth, but it smokes readily.  Left jug plug is clean, but the right jug plug is a oily  black.Not sure whether I am going to piece it out, or just sell it complete as a rebuild candidate.

Anyhow, thats where we are at at this time...dOd

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Anyhow, thats where we are at at this time...dOd

Sounding like we'll see the finished machines July 28. Glad you got the fever back Sam!

On 5/12/2018 at 3:19 PM, SmilinSam said:

Ya know Bill, I thought the sickness was in remission....

However, at the moment the fever has returned...and its running on the high side....666

Enflamed by this $50 purchase today at the auction....666&:)dOd

medium.DSCN1586.JPG.b23a81d2bdb6f42330e2

Not a whole lot of real wear..

medium.DSCN1588.JPG.14851afe769d65a33bc6

The ledgers are great and the cutters are not too bad with a few nicks nd a couple of tips snapped off. Going to have to repair or replace the drive bracket that has had the end broke off at some point.

medium.DSCN1589.JPG.8056bc139fe1a26252db

That and make a cable bracket for the tractor & slap some new red paint on it.. Will look sharp on the 3310H

All the heim joints appear to be good. A little wear in the needle bearings on the main drive shaft, but I think I already have some replacements. laying around somewhere here if it appears to be a problem... Got to make a swathboard just for show, and I think there is a post somewhere in here with all the measurements  in it.

Got alot of work to do now:)

You got an electrolysis tank setup?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • PhanDad
    • Tom45
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts