Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Unbelievable day!

Brettw

As some may have seen, I had a Vanguard for sale.  Well a gentleman called and asked if I could meet at the local grass airstrip.  I had figured he was asking as a close landmark.  Nope, he had a 1945 Champ, and he was going to take a nice flight from Rockford, IL.  His buddy came along in his 1947 Luscombe.  A finer pair of guys I am not sure I have met.  Well, I picked them up, we came back to my place, ran the Vanguard in the tractor, and then he, his buddy and I pulled the engine (10 minutes tops), loaded it up and headed back to the "airport".  At this point he asked if I wanted a ride!  I could not turn down the opportunity, climbed into the back seat of the two seat plane (it weighs 800 #s, less than my tractor with a deck!) and took a tour of the area, including a fly over of my home.  It was an incredible day.

Keep in mind, my parts are so phenomenal, I have guys flying in from around the country to get them.&:)

What a day!  

IMG_3558.JPG

Image-3.jpg

IMG_3555.JPG

Image-2.jpg

• Like 6

Snojetter

Buddy of mine back home has a Champion 7EC that I have been privileged to fly in on several occasions.  He restored a 7AC (just like the picture above) as well, but didn't keep it long after the project was completed.  Great little airplanes that inspired my love for aviation!

• Like 1

fishnwiz

I am peed off. ..All I get is lowballers and no shows.

That's AWESOME. 

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Haha 1

Brettw
21 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

That's AWESOME. 

It was.  I can't quite explain how what was a basic sale, became so special.  Never in a million years would I have expected something like this.........

SmilinSam
On 5/10/2018 at 9:12 PM, Brettw said:

Keep in mind, my parts are so phenomenal, I have guys flying in from around the country to get them.&:)

Back when I was selling parts on Ebay all the time,  I did had one guy fly up from southern Illinois  in his Cherokee( or something similar) and met me at the Galesburg municipal airport. Cant remember what it was I sold other than it was fairly heavy.

I agree, its kinda exciting having someone fly in in their own plane to get parts from little ole me.

You done better though having got a ride toodOd

• Like 1

macallis180

Boy, I've heard of win - win situations before, but this tops any of those.  Would love to go flying again.

Sign in to follow this