Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone for a John Deere?

PatRarick

I think that's a JD paint job on another make. I grew up on a 110 and have seen many deeres at auctions but none like that. Brent

It is a vertical shaft rider mower made by John Deere, I am pretty certain it is a real John Deere.....It does look a little like a craftsman though....IMO John

It's for real. A friend of mine has one very much like it. His has a cast iron vertical Briggs 10 hp. I think his is early or mid 1960's manufacture. Dick

I wonder if the yellow fabric with the "windows" is being represented as a cover for the tractor. I believe that would be a snow shield for the walk behind snowblower in the background. What does anyone else think?

Found this on e-Bay. Anyone ever seen a Deere like this? Pat[A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2016436328']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2016436328[/a]

It is a walking cab for the snowblower. As to the tractor, it is labled as a "111". I have never seen a 111 in this style. Another thing is the mower deck. It looks like an old Murray or Roper deck. You can see that the deck has been repainted, and used to be white. I'm not positive, but with the exception of the patio series, I believe all Deere mower decks for tractors were yellow. If it really is a Deere, I'm sure that it must have been built by another manufacturer for Deere. I sent a message to the seller asking for more information on the tractor, such as year, horspower, make of engine, if it was original or restored, etc., but have not recieved a response as yet. Pat

I just went and rechecked the ebay link again..seems like the sale has ended early. The seller realized that his tractor was not a JD.