Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well the addiction continues.

simplewrench

As many of you may remember I was given a model L walk behind even though I knew it was big and bulky and would take up a lot of room. Of course that was followed by another model L with several attachments which I was able to sell with one of the attachments. Next was a good deal on a model W (they are just so rugged). Well today I got my second W sheesh. This one has a blower, wheel weights, and a rear stinger weight. 50F0F7DA-9F57-4A34-8E00-A26F5E53F75A.thumb.jpeg.f23dd3fe8ac69eb4ed35552cce143559.jpegIt had belonged to the ladies dad while I was there we were I commented on an old rider that was sitting there. 8FD8006B-70F6-44B3-B175-F00E5C1B197A.thumb.jpeg.e79a6f9ade3d019114af5251181c6bfc.jpegShe said her dad called it the fun machine, said he took it to the camp ground for them to drive around and they were scared of it. She said if I wanted it I could have it so I brought it home too. He had run the gas out of each so I was able to put gas in the W and it started. The Lawn Trac does not have spark as of yet. She had the W listed as a heavy duty snowblower no mention of Simplicity. A good day but man they take up a lot of real estate. 

• Like 4

And they weight a TON!

Great job and nice save on some old Simplicity tin. I didn't even know they had rear stinger weights for walk behinds?

Very cool!  Nice finds for sure.   Ive searched for years for a mice LawnTrac, but so far...well, I dont have one wah

On 5/13/2018 at 5:48 AM, Talntedmrgreen said:

Very cool!  Nice finds for sure.   Ive searched for years for a mice LawnTrac, but so far...well, I dont have one wah

Mice lawn trac? Most of my lawn tractors in the shed have mice.

Stop on over Josh any time and help yourself to all the lawn tractor mice you want.....no charge.

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 2

Apparently the spark plug wire wasn’t all the way on. I got the Lawn Trac running tonight. It is definitely an odd experience driving one of these especially when you are not sure want makes it go forward or reverse. I got that figured out but it was tough to steer with the big tires on the front. I have another pair mounted up now so hopefully that will help. The engine is an old snowblower engine, no air filter.