Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117 hydraulic hoses

Papermaker

Hi Simple Tractors Forum  members--

While preparing my 7117 for summer I noticed that one of the lift cylinder hydraulic hose has started to leak at the fitting/hose interface.  Checking the parts manual I found the hose, part number 1667408, which has been superseded to 1667408SM.  Both part numbers are NLA  according to Jack's Small Engines.   After searching the forums I found information about where members are having hoses reproduced in their areas but nothing about if they were available through a second source.  My question is, do any of you enterprising forum members make a replacement hose or know of someone who does?  Or, does anyone have the dimensions and part numbers of the parts so I can reproduce a hose?

Thanks,

Papermaker

When I had to replace a hose, I removed it and took it to the local hydraulic shop and they duplicated it. 

I talked to them beforehand and showed them some pics of the hose.  After giving them the old hose, I had a new one in two days.

• Like 1

I've had O'reilly auto make them in the past, but it took a while and ended up being pretty expensive.  

When I installed power steering on my 7122 I used hoses from the seller Universal Hose on eBay.  LINK TO THE STORE  (if this isn't allowed please let me know or delete the link).  I was able to deal with the 1-2" of excess length pretty easily, but the lift cylinder is pretty tight.  If you know the fittings, they might have something that will do it for a lot less.  

• Sad 1

PhanDad and rich_kildow--

Thanks for the responses.  As I was working my way toward finding a local hydraulic hose manufacture I decided to check with my local Simplicity dealer for the hose.  They say that they are still available and I'll have two Wednesday!  Jack's says NLA and Simplicity says buy one now.  I guess I find out Wednesday who's right.

Thanks again,

John (Papermaker)

• Like 1

Well, we have a winner!  The local Simplicity dealer was right and Jack's was wrong the hydraulic hoses (part number 1667408) used with the lift cylinder are available. They cost about $48 a piece, including tax.

Count me happy!

--John (Papermaker)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, Papermaker said:

Well, we have a winner!  The local Simplicity dealer was right and Jack's was wrong the hydraulic hoses (part number 1667408) used with the lift cylinder are available. They cost about $48 a piece, including tax.

Count me happy!

--John (Papermaker)

I've heard of a guys getting charged more so I think you came out fine. Good to know.