Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wanna play?

Kent

People get into a comfort zone when they get familiar with something and then it's a human tendency to resist change. Having said that, I will admit I'm not comfortable with the new format, but I'm pretty sure I could get to be after use. I couldn't get the test site to move off the home page. Kent, you do such a great job with this site and I know so little about it all, that I won't be critical. Jeff Snyder

Don't know why, but it took about 8.5 minutes to navigate from one page to the next. If it's a netscape problem then I guess I'm going to be a big loser as I'm not willing to change to MS internet explorer. Otherwise, it loos like a lot of "bells & whistles" - - - but at 8+ min/page, it might not be a very good test. John(ri)

Here's a sneak preview of the new clubhouse for you to play in, if you'd like. It's pretty empty, but you can get the idea... You can either log in as: username = test password = test or register and create a new one, but be aware that ALL this information will be destroyed next week, as we try to start moving this old information into that format.... There are some other tweaks yet to be made, like adding the Registry & Chat, which I'll be working on... This is what I've been playing with in my "spare time" -- it's actually the 3rd attempt at a new revision/format/system that you haven't seen... Have fun! Kent ------------------------ SITE IS DOWN WHILE ITS BEING UPDATED http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/club2_logo.gif

This may be another stupid question, since I am computer illiterate, but will membership, registry, etc., be transferred, or does each member have to "re-join", so to speak? Pat

Getting into the "comfort zone" has nothing to do with this. When you go to a site everything should be "apparent". Currently that is not the case. If a site is too complicated to navigate or too busy to look at people don't like it. This is fundamental.....(I can't say what I'm thinking) If we're not supporting Netscape here that's fine. I use all browsers. So then, I'm expecting a direct video window in the chat room as well. I can go anywhere with Netscape. Maybe not all "features" will be available but nothing happens like it does in the test clubhouse. They are javascript errors being generated in Netscape. I'm tending to try and convince someone of something so this is the last response for me...MadManX

Dutch, It's sometimes your colorful commentary that makes this site as interesting as it is. I'd hate to see you stick your head in an oven! Sometimes you may need to stick your head in the sand though! Kidding aside, Dutch, It's really a pleasure for me to come home and spend some time with a melting pot of great people with vivid personalities and common interests. Hopefuly we can continue on the new site. Paul

Kent, Yes….. I was just kidding about the “side menu”. I’ll admit I’m an “old dog” (and a few other things), but when I can’t learn any new tricks, I’ll slide away from the computer and stick my head in the oven. I’m glad you suggested reading the “Suggestion Box”. You should know by now you’ll never make everyone happy. I say do whatever you want. I think the present website is GREAT. I believe the new website will be just as GREAT. You, and the members make it GREAT. IMO, the features of the new site will be worth learning. But, then again, I like tractors with running boards.

Pat, Should we go with this new one (and I'll admit that I'm leaning heavily that way, if I can fix the Netscape bugs), the following information will be retained: 1. Your membership record will be moved over -- though you will be required to log in once with your username and password to set a new cookie. You may also want to update your new profile with some of the additional info that it can now keep track of. 2. All messages in the discussion and their replies will be moved. The text will transfer over, and we'll add any links or graphics that you've added using the basic form fields below. Any message IDs discussed inside an old message WILL NOT be accurate any more, though, since the ID numbers will change. Any HTML code or pictures in the body of a message will not "translate".... 3. All basic ads, including pictures and links added using the form fields below. No HTML will come over, as described above. The new format will NOT have replies to ads, and the existing ones won't come over. (One of the reasons that people don't delete their old ads is because of the replies which they must delete first...) Instead, you can leave a private message (PM) to the seller (or person wanting something) that will automatically notify them the next time they visit, or send an email like today.... 4. All Registry entries should come over, as is, though the forms and views WILL change. 5. The current Suggestion Box will go away and nothing will be moved over. In the new format, you can either put something in the Guestbook (if a visitor) or post (if a member) to one of the specific forums set up to address these issues. BTW, if you want to know why some of these changes are being made, just read the Suggestion Box.... Kent

Please no, it reminds me of one of the photo host I was tryin to switch to after photo pt went away, hard to read the tiny print that isn't very clear anyway. It may be my old G3 Mac running netscape but way to much time spent watching the stars go by in the "N" box in the upper right hand corner of my screen..My two cents, figure in inflation, that ain't much..MPH