Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-212 Vari-Speed help!

jackcobb

Was out trying to get the Vari-speed belt to ride 1/8" high on the pully's like the book says. Got the turn-buckle to move one way, easy. But that was the wrong way. Belt sunk deeper in the pullys. Brought it back, belt started rising and with at least 5/8" of thread to go on both ends.....SNAP! One of the turn buckle end bolts snapped and sheared off inside the turnbuckle. Wanted to plow this weekend. Anyone have a turnbuckle assy they want to sell and could Fed-X tomorrow? Thanks. Jack

I have one for my 3310 V that I faked by welding steel inserts into a regular turnbuckle, used it for two years(without the inserts) until I found the end I broke off and had it welded back onto the original. I'll send it if you want, but it might be faster to have yours fixed. Let me know.