Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rkallogy

Help with finding a deck

rkallogy

Hi All, I have a Simplicity 3112v that runs great and is still going strong. Unfortunately I have discovered this year that my 48" mowing deck has rusted through at one of the arbor locations. I don't see a way to fix it so I am looking for a replacement deck. These are hard to come by. There is someone near me with a good condition 990575 42" deck. When I look that up it says it will fit my machine but needs an adapter kit. What is the adapter kit? Where do I get one? Is it necessary? Can I use parts from my old deck to adapt it?

Thank you for any help you can give.

MikeES

I don't know about an "adaptor kit", but many of the 1969 and 1970 tractors with a 48" deck had the double V belt drive, the 42" did not.  The adaptor may be the double V pulley on the deck.

Does your existing 3112V have the double V belt driving the mower deck?  If so you can easily transfer that double V pulley onto most the 42" and 48" decks of that vintage. 

rkallogy

Not sure what the double V is. My current deck just has a single pulley which attaches to a single pulley on the tractor with a belt.

Going from 48" to 42" isn't an issue, right?

gwiseman

You shouldn't have any problem hooking up the 42" deck on a 3112V. I moved decks between B10, B210, and 3112h (when I had it) w/only belt changes and pto adjustment.