Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48 Inch Deck Roller bar

CVSB10JCS

GREAT NEWS!!!   last summer I paid like $150 for the 48 inch roller bar. today i found the bars at WWW.SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM for $88.00

ROLLER SHAFT #1668541 - STENS #285829 - SEARS #1668541BMYP($88.00 each)

hope this helps someone!!!  $150 is a rip for round/flat stock welded together and some holes drilled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If this is the bar that the rear deck rollers  go on, I replace them with standard bar stock for next to nothing. Way cheaper than $88, if you have a friend with a welder.

Old vs. new on my 9020.

9020_worn_rollers.jpg

1 hour ago, jlasater said:

Old vs. new on my 9020.

Hope you didn't spend too much on the new roller bar stock.  A coupla bushings and you'd a been all set to go.....................

Cut the old round bar out of the flat bar stock.  Pick up a couple of shaft collars with set screws.  Weld the collars on the flat stock and within five minutes you can change the shaft and rollers....TWICE!  Personally I would weld one shaft collar on each side of the flat bar stock.

Ken

• Thanks 2

Good idea Ken. I have changed several by removing the bar from the brackets but always welded the new one in. Never thought to make it "quick change" by welding on the collars instead.

Brettw, the rollers themselves were totally hogged out inside (probably 1/2" of slop or more). I would have had to turn custom bushings to rebuilt. Rollers were $12 or so each off of Amazon.

Like others have mentioned, that's still a crazy price @ $88  for basically a piece of 4 to 5 foot length of 5/8" round cold rolled steel stock.  FleaBay says it can be had for in the $10 to $20 range. Welding on the set collars as mentioned, makes it very serviceable in the future. That's exactly what I did with my 48"' deck(s).

Tom (PK).