Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B110 wiring problems

Mine19821

Well wired up my b110 last night. Came into a problem though. Could not find the correct key switch so i used a on off toggle and a push button to work the solenoid. The problem is when i hook battery power to the battery terminal on the voltage regulator the engine turns over?? What went wrong? Bad regulator or stuck contacts?

Here's the wiring diagrams for B-110's - older one being "push button" start and the newer one having a multipurpose key switch:

Wiring.JPG.feb683c081553206c838ca91dbf34c51.JPG

In neither case does the battery connect directly to the "battery terminal" on the voltage regulator. 

I might be misunderstanding what you wrote.  If you have it wired correctly, then I'd make sure none of the contacts in the voltage regulator are stuck.  

There's been a few posts about "cleaning up" the voltage regulator contacts.  

Those are the diagrams i used to wire it. I used a toggle and push button in place of a key. But that’s how i did it. Used the anameter and all. 

On 5/18/2018 at 5:19 AM, Mine19821 said:

Well wired up my b110 last night. Came into a problem though. Could not find the correct key switch so i used a on off toggle and a push button to work the solenoid. The problem is when i hook battery power to the battery terminal on the voltage regulator the engine turns over?? What went wrong? Bad regulator or stuck contacts?

Something is making contact. Do you have the newer key start model B-110 or the older one? I'll start with the obvious (b/c I miss these sometimes) did you flip the toggle and try it? Did you try changing the wiring b/t toggle and push button? Is the push button the problem? Those are places I'd check first before the tougher stuff. 

It’s supposed to be the key switch model. It has been completely rewired. New solenoid push button and toggle. I believe that the contacts needed adjusted. I opened the battery ones up a touch and now it doesn’t crank when hooked up. Hopefully it will charge to.