Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mud on the tires

Snojetter

Figured I would show the ol' 917 can still get the job done. This tractor has been repowered with a worn and tired KT17. Poor thing is run just twice a year to do the tilling. Aside from a weak battery, it fired right up this afternoon and willingly went to work. Seems like she smokes half a quart of oil per use, but voila! - the results look nice. It' still fairly wet, but it's getting late for planting...a little mud on the tires looks good.

20180519_151157.jpg

• Like 2

There's a downhill incline right to left in the picture.  The top half of the garden is a nice loam, but the bottom half has more clay.  It's getting a little less clumpy every year, though.  It's not the type of black soil I'm used to from my home area in southern MN, but it's not bad.

Nothing like fresh worked dirt, love the look, the smell, and of course the seat time!  I have a plow and tiller that haven't been used in a few years, going to have to find someone to help out pretty soon!  

Tractor looks great too, are you going to repower again or leave it as it is?

Steve

9 hours ago, steve-wis said:

Tractor looks great too, are you going to repower again or leave it as it is?

I'm going to leave it as is for the time being.  I do have a 7117 repowered with a Magnum 18 and I've seriously considered putting that motor in this tractor.  This 917 isn't all that pretty - that's why the photo isn't a closeup.  The PO put a rattle can paint job on it, and then added thick sticker lettering.  But it's pretty good mechanically, and that's what counts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • littlemarv
    • Ronald Hribar
    • Tommysbuilders
    • NandoG
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts