Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity7013H

New B208S

Simplicity7013H

Hey guys so I finally got around to picking up this B208s from my neighbor. It is in decent shape, he repainted it a while back but did a good job and so the B208S decals were painted over. I won't be doing any paint work on this machine so I will probably just order some new decals. It has been setting in his barn since 1996 so the whole engine was packed full of mice and so was the dash. The engine is an '88 8HP I/C Briggs, although not original, it still looks just fine. He bought it new so he said he'll get me the paperwork when he finds it. Not a bad little machine and it fired up on the 2nd pull once I got the crap cleaned out. 

B208-1.jpg

B208-2.jpg

B208-3.jpg

B208-4.jpg

B208-5.jpg

• Like 2

Simplicity7013H
On 5/19/2018 at 10:54 PM, Chris727 said:

Good looking rig. Make sure to grease the fitting on the center frame pivot. 

The pivot is locked up sadly. I will have to get it freed up. It shouldn't be all that hard to do since it locked up while sitting. He said it was free when he put it in storage. 

• Like 1

steve-wis

Nice looking tractor, hope the pivot doesn't give you much grief.  Does the electric start, generator, etc. all work?

Have fun!

• Like 1

Simplicity7013H

@steve-wis   Yes fortunately the s/g works and charges too! The bearings are a bit noisy but it has the ball bearings so I should be able to either clean them or get new ones if they are terribly bad. The carb was full of so much crap and gum so it is soaking in the parts washer right now. I put on another carb that I have and was able to run it last night. Engine runs good and strong, transmission works good. Now I just need to sort out the electrical system and reassemble the grill. It has lights on it but they are just drilled into the side of the grill. Thankfully, I have some refurbished headlight brackets that I painted  a few years back that will work just fine on this machine. I reuse the lights it has on it until I am able to source a set of the OEM style Guide lights.  

Edited by Simplicity7013H

Sign in to follow this