Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck belts for 7016

kwt

Deck #990502. 1975  Homelite T16h, same as 7016. You can see in the pics what I need. I will be doing the arbors so I can get to cutting. I'm throwing a bunch of parts @ the tractor and hopefully I can get it all together before things in the yard get out of hand.

Thanks in advance. I don't have a manual for tractor either. If I did, I would look em up myself.

0521181045.jpg

0521181047.jpg

Aaaand the manual shows all the stuff for my Allis built 1973 T-16 H.

Used # 1690049 from my 1975 Homey.

Does anybody have a 1975 7016 model number I could use?

Deck belt is no problem. Using the 7016 as a guide for the pto to deck belt, I come up with  2163011 belt number which I can't find much of a reference to. Using the deck number for a guide, I come up with 21084585SM which has plenty of references and is ~ 45" long. The old notes from my 3112v, (where the deck came from), says to use belt 108458 from deck to pto. This belt is 1/2x45". The center pto on the 7016 is a cone clutch type, and the 3112v is the over center belt type. It's hard to imagine the two types take the same belt. I don't want to order the wrong belt.

Your deck appears to be converted from the 2 groove "double-v" type pulley system used on some of the FDT's. The single-v pulley is smaller in diameter than the pulley originally used on the cone-clutch equipped RBT's. You'll have to use trial and error to get the right belt, or find a larger pulley that will bolt onto that center arbor. You may have to replace the flange onto which the pulley attaches as the hole spacing may be different.

Edited by Chris727

11 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Your deck appears to be converted from the 2 groove "double-v" type pulley system used on some of the FDT's. The single-v pulley is smaller in diameter than the pulley originally used on the cone-clutch equipped RBT's. You'll have to use trial and error to get the right belt, or find a larger pulley that will bolt onto that center arbor. You may have to replace the flange onto which the pulley attaches as the hole spacing may be different.

Deck is from a 3112 driven from the center pto, which is different from the 7016. I noticed in some pics that the drive wheel looked larger on a cone clutch driven deck. I think I'll have to get a larger pulley. I certainly don't want to have the chance of the ends of the blades going supersonic because the gearing isn't right.

So the belt I needed was 70" long x 1/2 inch. I'm pretty sure that a bone stock 1975 7016 with the deck it came with would be 74" long.

I've got my engine governed to 3400 rpm no load, and I can tell the blades aren't rotating too fast.

Wife thought I was silly painting the deck a simplicity color, (chevy engine orange) but I figured it's a Simp deck and she's gonna look it.

0601181730.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update. 70" belt was maybe a tad too long. I put about 16 hrs of ridiculously tough mowing on it and it was kaput. I got a 69" belt to go on and it looks better. FYI these are $12 non-kevlar belts. I'll need to find a good one soon.