Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bnolte

Simplicity Tiller

bnolte

Making some progress with the Landlord 101 pictured below. In addition to getting the engine running, I now have 4 tires that hold air. I still have a ways to go with it, but hopefully I will have a good working, and hopefully good looking machine by the time the Steam Show rolls around in September. 

59f76093eef78_Landlord101.jpg.thumb.jpg.67ca9bbd556b4de5694e88606a1ee206.jpg

I stumbled across a Craigslist ad for a tiller attachment that is about 5 miles away. The ad says it will fit a  3400/7000 series Simplicity, and runs off the BGB. With a Hydrolift, but sadly  no creeper gear, I am unsure if my 101 will work with the tiller attachment. Here is a picture of it.  While I have a Troy-Bilt tiller, this would make short work of tilling my garden if it will fit.

tiller.thumb.jpg.62fc0639d858d13eca3bfe384f893341.jpg

gwiseman

Bruce, tiller and pulley setup should work on your 101. The clutch handle on the tiller is to engage and disengage and allows the newer tiller to be used on the older tractors. I or others here can fix you up with a slow speed pulley for tilling. Note-It looks like the tinwork may be set up for extension tines but I don't see the extra tines in the picture.