Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First time Revitalizer user Any advice or tips to

mowerman1193

Hi Everyone,I just got my Braodmoor 728 running and was thinking about trying the revitalizer that I bought last winter.I really wanted to try the tiller but could'nt find a belt in the garage to fit it and just felt like playing so I hooked up the revitalizer.I ran a small patch with it but sure looks like I was using the tiller LOL.Wont need to mowe the grass there now LOL.Is that supposed to be ragged looking when you use it.My father says thats what they will do but in a couple weeks it will be very green and look better than before. Anyone have any advice with it such as what gear to use ect.I did the little patch in 1st gear with the HI/LO pulley in LO.That would take me all summer to do my 2 acres LOL.I did find a couple small tree roots with it also.What is the best highth to run it at? Thanks for any tip you can give, mowerman1193

Kevin, Adjust the guage wheels so the blades are 1/4"-1/2" lower for thatching, 1/2"-1" for overseeding, 1" or more for new seed. Keep the tractor moving and raise revitalizer before stopping. Also, if you turn the tractor with the revitalizer engaged, you'll tear up the grass.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=6910&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=6910&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]

Dutch, Great looking job on the yard. Being the helpful guy you are, and since you live so close, I thought maybe you wouldn't mind SHOWING me how to do that. I'm sure I'd pick it up about the time you and your fine equipment finished my yard. Thanks, John

Hey JohnnyRotten, Got tired of lurking? Did Joanne pick your nickname? Tell that sweet woman I said hello. I hear you're an new uncle as of 10:38 PM last night. "Lucky" nephew..........

Thanks dutch for the advice.I was thinking that it was for aerateing the lawn.I have a section of lawn that gets rock hard in the summer, then the grass dies and the area is just dirt.I was told it needed aerated.I used the revitalizer on about the lowest setting after we have had a couple days of rain.I got the soil loosened up,but I might need to overseed now.BTW thats a great idea to hook up the drop spreader behind the revitalizer. Thanks, mowerman1193