Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

OK, let's try this again... another preview

Kent

Kent, I think it looks great. I noticed the same width problem. I really like the new features, being able to see who is on line, the private messages, the divided forsale and discussion areas. It will take a little getting used to but, I think it will be faster to use once we find our way around. Chris

What I see as a potential problem. Users who are not reading this discussion won't know what's wrong with their browsers after the change. I think new visitors will tend to not visit if they are forced to switch their browsers just for this site since the majority of internet site will work with the latest navigator (4.79)..Maybe the home page will need a more obvious notice also...Woody

Chris are you using the 6.2 Netscape? If you are press (F9) key..If not (CTRL I) will toggle favorites in IE...Woody

Dutch, are you psychic? I was going to see if you'd like to be a moderator... Jeff, look under Forums... Chad, we can't have it both ways -- all the enhancements that people ask for, and keep it the same all the while... it's kind of like trying to have your cake and eat it too...

I agree with Woody. I think the seperation of topics will kill a lot of responses. I seldom,maybe 10 percent of the time, get on here lookin for anything in particular, yet if I see a new post I read it, if I happen to have a clue that might help I reply, dought seriously I'll try to keep up on 3 boards..MPH

Woody Go to my area and you can change the page colors I also think the forums should be cut down to many subject areas This and a $1 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I think that separating the tractor problem requests from the other tractor messages could reduce the readership of say the problems forum & hence lead to a reduction of advice to those that have questions. I think it would be best to keep them as one. John(ri)

I am finding the best thing is to get on the site and play. I hated it at first but am now getting to like it. So many more options. The best thing would be if we could have this layout and the new options the best of both worlds. This and a $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Maynard, my reference was to Kent could change the Subject color automatically of any tractor help request as long as users adhered to entering their help requests in the appropriate area. You could then pick out those requests easily or just ignore them. I doubt the latter would happen of course. As a note, I had already run through most of the color schemes and most were difficult for me to read...Woody

My only dislike really is the vast separation of topics. I'd have to side with Woody somewhat on that. Seems too divided up to gain "the Big Picture". I'm trying to cut my time down on the keyboard and I do like scrolling down the discussion page uninterupted while breezing through to see whats up. With all the divisions I won't be able save any time without simply ignoring some of it.

Kent, the site says that something is wrong with either my user name or password they work fine on the old site. new site looks great.

Kent, Other than the width problem, it's GREAT. Just like running boards. Pentium I 130 mhz Windows 95 IE 5.0 33k modem

Kent, I'm having the same page width problem. I attempted to post a classfied ad and it would not allow it, saying I had too many characters. I kept chopping down the message body - and still too many characters. Then I lost my connection. So, I'm not sure where I had too many characters - heading, message body or image URL. I'll try again. I think I'm starting to warm up to it, a little. ;o) Jeff

kent: that is what i was trying to say last night what mike and jason said on the last to post.i am glad it is just not me that feels that way about the new system being to complicated. agco918 chad e shafer

Kent, I went in a played with it again for some time. Again I got frustrated, it is not as intuitive as the present site. It is also much slower, maybe too much graphics. Out here in the sticks of Wisconsin, our kite strings and dixie cups are much slower. The fastest I can connect at is only 24400. I am against the seperation of forums, like stated above this site is more like a family gathering than a commercial (for profit) business. The new one has that feeling. Just my opinions. Mike S.

kent - the new clubhouse seems to complicated - the original site is great - the ease of use and ease of moving around in the original clubhouse is a huge draw to alot of the members - i.e. - keep it simple - ( simple tractors ) - i would think alot of disscusion and content would be lost due to members and guests not being able to get around and giving up - or just not wanting to spend the time it will take to figure it all out - almost and idiot can log onto the original clubhouse without any computer skills and find there way around - sure eventually most will learn there way around the new setup and im not against progress -i have looked at almost all the other tractor sites on the web as many have and simpletractors is by far the best - not only on content but ease of use - we all really appreciate all the work you have done - thanks alot - remember - keep it simple please !!!!!!

Kent The Script Error is displayed when the clubhouse page has finished loading. My version is 5.0. Message reads: Line: 58 Char: 1 Error: 'storeobjects' is undefined Code 0 The same message was also displayed after I voted in the poll. Hope this helps, Ben