Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Gdub

Simplicity?

Gdub

I have this old tractor I am thinking about getting it running I need a carburetor for it and a front tire at least that is the starting list.

Any help sourcing parts would be appreciated 

20180527_105132.jpg

20180527_105239.jpg

PGL

Welcome.  You'll get more exposure and likely answers by posting to the Talking Tractors  forum.  Others may recognize just from the pictures, but if you can identify by model numbers per tags on chassis and engine you are likely to get more specific help.  Model numbers can help using the search function too.  For parts, there is the Classified section, Craigslist, eBay and the site sponsors.  Hope that helps as a start.

• Thanks 1

PGL

With the yellow color, unless repainted it's likely an Allis chalmers B series eg a b10 or b12.  This is the right forum, you should get some response.

• Thanks 1

jrmorrill

That's most certainly an early Allis B-series. It's been modified over the years. The front grill mesh is not original. The seat pan is bent up. It looks like you've got most of the seat parts including the armrest bars.

The model tag is usually at the back of the seat pan.

To identify the engine you'll need to check for a stamped code on the sheet-metal housing around the flywheel. That's sometimes tough to locate.

To just get the machine going you're going to need a starter-generator. Or a really determined arm to pull-start it from the bevel gearbox. Maybe a coil wire. 

This is going to be quite a project. But working on these old tractors is a lot of fun.

• Thanks 1