Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wwbragg

7119 Hydro Questions

wwbragg

In previous posts I discussed the repower of my 7119 with a Briggs 350445.  Well she is all back together (film to follow) and runs fine except for the kill switch.  I have to choke it to shut 'er down but that is another topic.  This baby has bee sitting for years so I decided to change the hydraulic fluid.  Got that all done but the Large Frame Service and Repair Manual discusses checking and charging the hydraulic pressure on models with the hydraulic lift (which mine has).  Forward and reverse seem to work properly and the front blade moves up and down when instructed.  How important is the pressure charging process?????

dhoadley

If it's working properly, I'm thinkin' you did it right.

Edited by dhoadley
  • Like 1

PhanDad

Assuming your 7119 originally came with hydraulic lift (and I think they all did), I wouldn't worry about checking the pressures - they were set at the factory and unless someone messed with the valves, they should be set fine. 

But it's a must to check them if the tractor didn't originally didn't have the hydraulic lift.  

There's a BLT "article" about checking pressures:

https://simpletractors.com/articles.html/articles/transmission-rear-ends/sunstrand-pressure-checking-r16/?tab=comments

and in a comment in that article I reference this post about the same subject:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/37699-calibrating-hydro-pump-pressure-on-917h/

• Like 1