Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'Twas a great day in S. WI

powermax_paul

Finally spring has arrived! Debbie put me and my tractor to work hauling mulch to spread in her perennial bed. I guess sometimes you have to stop working on them and start playing on them. Was about 70 degrees and I got in about 2.5 hours of tractor time. Paul http://www.epho.com/pkjorlie/April2.jpg

Lloyd, Got those tires from Cedarrapidstire.com They fit the original turf rims. They kinda aerated the lawn though, especially with a 1500# tractor, 600# loader and 700# backhoe. BTW: Floydster, if you see this, thanks for the tip on Seafoam! I put some in along with the new Splitfire plugs and that 4041 ran the best I'd seen an Onan run in the last 15 years. Paul

Paul, Super picture! Great equipment & and an astute operator, if I might say so. Thanks for sharing you experience. You have made my day! Thanks, Jim

Looking good, buddy! How's the hoe working now that you beefed up the frame? I need to get me some of that Seafoam. Sounds like it may be the ticket. Looking forward to some of your weather here, tomorrow. We received a ton of rain overnight and most of the morning. Jeff

Jack, I got the Splitfire plugs at Farm & Fleet. The # is SM21F. I think that with these Onans, because of changing over to unleaded fuel, you need a hotter spark for cleaner ignition. Also the coils are getting older and not producing the voltage they once did. Champion H10C is probably not as good a replacement for the H8 as they thought it would be. Just my opinion. Paul

Jeff, Seems like the weather we have, you get a couple days later. The hoe is working really good now. The frame is beefed up and so is the dipper stick. Two weeks ago I had to use it to dig a little grave for my beagle, Samantha. We had to put her down as she was 14 and wasn't eating any more. She had a good life, so don't everybody look at this as a "downer". Anyway, the 4041 parts tractor, now the one shown, spent two years in her yard/dogpen until I rebuilt it last year. I thought it only fair to her that I use it for her final destination. Paul

Marty, If honey-do lists involve tractor work, you know-it, they get done first. Service with a smile gets you more tractors. Paul

Paul, I'm glad the "Sea Foam' worked for you, it is great stuff! I would say you probably will not foul another plug. Before I started using Sea Foam I would be fouling plugs on a regular basis. I'm still using the Champion H10C's. Hey, you and your tractor look great! Am starting to do yard work myself, and on my "honey do" list there is some loader work, she wants the garden bigger so I have to haul down 20 yds. of black dirt, hope I can do that later today. Floydster

Where's that nice sunny weather at? It's still pouring down rain here. Thunderstorms, right now. I had a lot of lawn/garden stuff I wanted to do today - guess not. :o( Looks like I'll have to stay in and watch the Martinsville race. I guess I could clean up the shop - good day for that. Jeff

Paul, if you are like my, Farm and Fleet can be a big savior (no pun) they seem to have most evry checmical there is! Great store, too bad they have no website! Nice lookin machine, while you were out working, I was on my friends 3 wheeler, hit 80 degrees here in IL today, was 78 yesterday and day before! -BradW P.S. Did you get that B2 done yet?

Enjoy your rain Jeff, its snowing here this morning at 5 above. Was going to try the 4040 blade out but haven't put the hood back on yet. Still cannot get more then 1500rpm variation no mater how I adjust the springs so til I learn more I'm set at 1400 to 2900. MPH

Brad - enjoy Farm and Fleet while you can. They are all closing around here and re-opening as TSC. Brent

In Wisconsin we have "Mill's Fleet Farm" and "Blain's Farm and Fleet" they were once just plain "Farm & Fleet" til Mill & Blain split. At least that's the story I'm told and I'm stick'n to it. Paul

Brent, sure hope buying all them farm box stores doesn't take TSC down, they been around since forever..MPH

The stores around here were known as Quality Farm and Fleet with a big Q on their sign. They changed the name to Quality store a few years ago. They sold all the inventory a few months ago and now the buildings say Tractor Supply Co. on them but are not open yet. I liked having both Fleets and TSC in the area because if one didn't have what I needed the other usually did. Not so anymore. Brent