Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 Caution Decal

Spyder

Could someone reply with the exact text on the Caution label located on the top of the gas tank of a A/C B-110 or equivalent. I can't read hardly any of the warning.

Do not light match to check fuel level. LOL just couldn't resist it. Sorry This and $1.00 might get you a small cup of coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Just last week I was filling up the ole truck at the fillin' station. A guy pulls up at the pump next to me, jumps out of an old beatup ford pickup puffing strongly at something sticking out of his mouth. So he starts to fill the truck. I was already getting nervous. If a spark got into the vapor, we're all a gonner. THEN, he gets out the 2 gal. can from the back of the truck and proceeds to fill it. I could wait any longer. So I said "I would feel much more comfortable if you would not be smoking out here". Some people just do not think!! Man, I might not be here now posting this message. Fortunately, he quit smoking soom enough.

Here is the wording on my '69 B112. CAUTION DISCONNECT GROUND (-) TERMINAL WHEN WORKING ON ELECTRICAL SYSTEM TO PREVENT SHORT CIRCUIT It's all in caps, with the word caution centered above it and about twice the size as the rest of it. Hope this helps, Jack