Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 mower belt

jlasater

Howdy all,

Can any of you confirm or deny that the PTO drive belt for the 60" mower deck on the 9020 is an "A" or "B" profile belt? I'm running a B on mine and it is a pain to get it slipped past the battery to remove. Someone mentioned they thought it was supposed to be an A belt. Also, what length is it if it's an A belt?

Lost the smaller of the two idler pulleys in the mule drive today, about three feet from the end of the last cut on the yard. Talk about good luck. Ball bearings are totally gone. Hoping the local NAPA has them. Online, they list for $50 each which seems a bit ridiculous, unless they are really better than every other option.

is "HA" "heavy duty A" or something?

Interesting. "HA, HB, and HC belts are dimensionally similar to A, B, and C industrial belts described in Rubber Manufacturers Association standard IP-20.  However, the constructions differ in tensile members, cord placement, compounds, and fabric in the case of wrapped belts."

Taken from the Q Power Belts website. So I take HA belts to be more heavy duty than standard V belts of the same profile.

Edited by jlasater

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a Gates Power-Rated A belt, 93" long, and re-adjusted the mule drive idlers. Seems to work great and the belt is much easier to install. The B belt I had on there was a serious bear to pull up behind the battery and front PTO pulley.