Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

314 belt size

deebig

Anyone know the belt size for front PTO to mower deck on a 314 with manual PTO? I tried a A81 and it was too short to dis-engage. Before I buy a A82 I thought I would ask.

I believe it depends on the deck size.  And doesn't the 314 have an electric front PTO to drive the deck?  If it's been changed to a manual PTO, the OEM length belt might not be correct.

The AC 300 parts manual list part #1606190 for the 42" deck and part #1604406 for the 48" deck. 

My 1973 Allis built Homelite t-16h OEM Briggs with electric pto and 48" Deck takes an A88 belt.

Edited by kwt
Clarify the engine.

13 hours ago, PhanDad said:

I believe it depends on the deck size.  And doesn't the 314 have an electric front PTO to drive the deck?  If it's been changed to a manual PTO, the OEM length belt might not be correct.

The AC 300 parts manual list part #1606190 for the 42" deck and part #1604406 for the 48" deck. 

No the 314 has a manual PTO, the 314D and 314H have the electric clutch but all of them have the same drive and mule drive pulleys so belts should be the same. Mine is the 48" deck....I just ordered the A82 (1604406 equivalent) crossing my fingers that 1" longer will be enough.

1 hour ago, deebig said:

the 314 has a manual PTO,

Learn something everyday.  I've never seen an AC300/400 or AC built Homelite with a front manual PTO.  If you have a detail pic of it, pleased post it.  I'd like to see what it looks like on the tractor.  (In your pics of the overall tractor, I believe I see the engagement handle on the left side of dash; no linkage evident, so if that's the PTO handle, all the linkage must be "internal".)

And hopefully the longer belt will work for you.  

Edited by PhanDad

11 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Learn something everyday.  I've never seen an AC300/400 or AC built Homelite with a front manual PTO.  If you have a detail pic of it, pleased post it.  I'd like to see what it looks like on the tractor.  (In your pics of the overall tractor, I believe I see the engagement handle on the left side of dash; no linkage evident, so if that's the PTO handle, all the linkage must be "internal".)

And hopefully the longer belt will work for you.  

That is the linkage right under air filter.  Left end connects to mule drive and right end connects to lever. It raises the mule drive to disengage. I may convert to electric PTO later on.

0607181240_Film1.jpg

• Like 1