Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's the smallest hydro tractor?

Brent_Baumer

Brent: The 616 special smaller tractor had a hydr .I dont know if that would be small enough for you.THEY are a little smaller than the 900 series allis chalmers. agco918 chad e shafer

My kids are just starting to get big enough to tool around the yard on my Sov. (larger) frame tractors. I do not let them mow, just basically steer the machines under supervision while at 1/4 throttle pulling a lawn cart. These tractors are really too big for them. Question - what was the smallest framed, older (pre-80) tractors available with a hydro transmission? My kids legs aren't long enough or strong enough yet to shift gears. From what I can tell the broadmoors and yeomans only had manual trannies. Thanks, Brent

Brent, how old are your kids? I was driving the B-10 early I have now at age 4! After that I was hooked on these machines!,-BradW

Hi Brent, I think a 4211 would be a better unit for your kids. I think this is the smallest hydro model made. It has the center hydro lever so they could reach it. In addition it would have the seat safety switch, and mower blade safety switch.

Thanks to all for the replies. The kids are 7,5 and 3 and they each want their "own" tractor. Yes I am proud! Brent