Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Did Simplicity ever make MF garden tractors?

Karl_Brandt

I saw an old Massey Ferguson lawn/garden tractor, an MF 8, the other day and it had rollers going across the entire width of the mowing deck, so I thinks to myself, could this be an Simplicity made machine? Yea or nea?

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill, I did some checking with a fellow member and Sim. dealer Mark Waite and was told that Simplicity never made the older MF tractors that he ever heard of. But they have been making the MF tractors for about 5-6years now. He beleive's that snapper bought out MF even thouht they still use the name. Best I can do hope this helps maybe some other members can add or correct me. Thanks ->jackl<->happyjack<-

As far as I know they only "recently" acquired Massey so only the newer ones will be identical. I beleive parts can be ordered for the older ones through your Simplicity dealer but you must have or order a parts list - dealers are not supplied with these.

I have a MF-8 in the backyard,years ago I rebuilt the engine used it for a few years then sold it to my father in law ,he then used it for a few more years and wore the engine out ,and I ended up with the unit again....it is not built like a simplicity and I have worked on a few different models ,but MF did make tractors for somebody that were similar to Simp.but I can't remember whothat was .....Jim