Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydrolift conversion kit contents

rich_kildow

I'm finally getting around to selling the hydro kit I pulled off a donor 916, and I want to make sure I have everything there.  The buyer will need to get the parts to convert the rear end, as I'm keeping the donor back half as a spare.  Cylinder, cylinder mounting shaft, rockshaft, hoses going to the cylinder, control valve, control arm and linkage, and the hard lines.  I have the short pieces that come off the rear end, the long ones the extend through the tunnel, and then 3 shorter ones that I can't remember exactly where they go, as you can see in the pic below.  

Does that look like about everything?  Obviously I need to do some cleaning, but I'm hoping to have it up for sale later today.

20180620_083525.jpg

Looks like all the major components are there.  

I think the "3 shorter ones that I can't remember exactly where they go" aren't part of the hydraulic lift tubing.  I've only seen the two long tubes (connect to the valve) and the 2 shorter tubes with 90 deg fittings (connect to the charge pump).  Maybe the originals leaked?  But, IMO, the one with the hairpin bend doesn't belong at all. 

Only minor parts that are missing are the mounting hardware.  The 3 extra 1/4" washers behind the control valve, upper bolt are needed for proper alignment.  

• Thanks 1

Now that you mention that, I believe they came in a bucket of loose parts in a previous haul, and I threw them in that crate just in case they were part of it.   I'll get under my stock hydrolift tractor and see what's there.  

I'm thinking around $300, plus a little for shipping.  I'll get a real ad posted on here ASAP.

I wonder if you or I have any pics of what I sent you some years back, Bill.  We must have corresponded before I shipped.  I remember building a box to protect the hard lines.  I haven't found anything, but will look deeper into my archives.

Edited by Brettw

4 hours ago, Brettw said:

I wonder if you or I have any pics of what I sent you some years back, Bill.  We must have corresponded before I shipped.  I remember building a box to protect the hard lines.  I haven't found anything, but will look deeper into my archives.

I looked and couldn't find any pics.

I do remember the wooden box was impressive - it would have been almost impossible for the lines to have gotten bent.  

7 hours ago, PhanDad said:

I looked and couldn't find any pics.

Me either.  Well, an attempt anyway.  It must have been nearly 5 years ago.