Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pickn find

fishnwiz

Found two of these awesome 75th anniversary buckles while picking yesterday. Owners father worked for simplicity. Still in their original boxes...Pretty neat.

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

• Like 7

Cool!  What serial numbers did ya get?  I have been trying to get lower and lower ones as I go.  Down to #12

5 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Wow

12 is low. I have 859 and 860 out of ??? How many were made?

I had heard 1000...then I heard 1500, and actually had buckle 1499 before my current one.  So, I would say 1500 or more.  #1091 is on ebay now.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 5:10 PM, gwiseman said:

You find more of those than you can find hiding places let me know Wiz;)

I will bring the extra one to Portage with me and seeing as your an old friend I will give you a price you can live with. 

• Thanks 1

Wiz - Ur gonna have lots of "friends" who want that buckle at Portage!    LOL.

• Haha 1

I am doing a little downsizing of some of my allis/Simplicity items and am going to bring some items to sell at the show. I am not going to try to make a bunch of money....just want to get some of my cool memorable items and a few spare parts into the hands of my fellow enthusiast / club members. 

17 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

I am doing a little downsizing of some of my allis/Simplicity items and am going to bring some items to sell at the show. I am not going to try to make a bunch of money....just want to get some of my cool memorable items and a few spare parts into the hands of my fellow enthusiast / club members. 

Sounds like a plan dOd

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, fishnwiz said:

I will bring the extra one to Portage with me and seeing as your an old friend I will give you a price you can live with. 

Thank you Mark! Its going on display in my shop.

• Like 1

Very cool that you guys were able to connect!  

What else you have left Mark?