Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Orange steam and gas engine show

equipment guy

The Yankee Enginuity show this year pretty much cancelled itself.  As much as we need the rainfall in this area, it’s a shame that a severe thunderstorm during setup, showers, and the threat of thunderstorms kept most exhibitors away this year. The ones that came from a distance, and with larger displays, mainly left them trailered, or covered.  With a very poor spectator turnout, many participants were leaving prior to noontime on the first day of this 2 day event.

On another unrelated, and irrelevant note. In route to the show,  I did stumble across this 1971 IH Scout 800 snow star which I thought cool to see.  This rig, despite the fact that Mother Nature has dealt it a serious thrashing, is an unmolested original. It is complete right down to the original factory installed plow with decal, original paint, body trim, and graphics along with original wheels, and hub caps. 

4FAEA786-79D7-4605-8CB8-034A82D776A2.jpeg

DE109DAF-2F12-4F97-ACAB-1385D0467A02.jpeg

CCB70FAF-C273-402F-8CA3-07ABDD78DB40.jpeg

CD3D5F59-08F7-4AD2-9A38-BA32E8C6394C.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

How much was the Scout? ?

I called today. He wouldnt give me an asking price, he is looking for offers.  From our conversation, I gathered that he is thinking somewhwhere north of 6 grand.

6 hours ago, spi said:

most of that will buff out

HA HA,  I want to buy your buffer, pads, and compound.

• Haha 1

Bummer about the show but the Scout was nice. North of 6 is tough:$. Guess I'll just have to ride my '98 F 1-fitty till maybe it appreciates...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

North of 6 K is too much to swallow on that one.  Not a single piece on it that doesnt need serious attention.  Although, as some of the newer vehicles today have the panaramic roofs, this scout has the panaramic floor option. ha ha   However, it was still cool to take a good look at it.

• Like 1

Fred Flintstone would love that scout! 

Come on you guys.....all a person has to do is stick 30 grand or so into the restore and you could sell it for 20 grand. Of course your labor would be free.9_9

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

Fred Flintstone would love that scout! 

Come on you guys.....all a person has to do is stick 30 grand or so into the restore and you could sell it for 20 grand. Of course your labor would be free.9_9

Exactly! I’ll wait till someone gets it 95 percent done, is completely frustrated , and then finds out it is still gonna be another 6 grand to paint and decal it.  Could probably buy it for south of 6 grand then.  Ha Ha 😁

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, equipment guy said:

HA HA,  I want to buy your buffer, pads, and compound.

well, you don't want to bear down too hard you might buff right through the hood.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spi said:

well, you don't want to bear down too hard you might buff right through the hood.

Yea, it already had pinholes in it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• dhoadley
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts