Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gypsy trailer ??

fishnwiz

Saw this ad and thought it would be great to use at the Portage tractor show :D  I think this is the same trailer from the Wizard of Oz movie??      Looks straight out of the 60s.      

9' x 5' trailer with detachable 7.5' x 5' x 5.5-6' camper.

Trailer bought for $800 less than 2 years ago in great condition. Well built and very sturdy. I chose it because it was not too large but very strong with good size and quality wheels. Cabin has a 5.5' door, two windows, weather proofed roof, a 3x6' flip down bed, 2' ×3' flip down work table, book shelf, storage chest, and storage box for generator (gas generator included)

Cabin was built as free standing structure, then attached to wood trailer with screws. Could be taken out or modified in any way. All together in good quality for being DIY project. I travel full time, and pulled this trailer almost 15000 miles in 5 months, through several mountain ranges, deserts, severe blizzards, winds, and storms of all kinds with a front wheel drive Honda crv. Has withstanded extremely well, has only slightly leak in windows. Was built smaller for purpose of travel. Definitely not a big fancy tiny home, but great for the long haul if you prefer the adventure life and simplicity. 
The story:

I built this trailer camper to be small and maneuverable but functioning and comfortable for me and my dog. While traveling between jobs, it was ideal for a free place to sleep, either in forests, national/state parks, and many rest stops. As pictures show, was very easy to make cozy. Bed surprisingly comfortable. Flip up bed/table was excellent for painting/artwork on the road. The generator included was more powerful and loud than I needed, but could still be useful. Was planning solar power and cooking area before 'the incident'. 'The incident' being a collision with an airborne deer in the snowy mountains of Utah. The deer hit side of car, then the body flipped and hit front area of trailer, violently pulling the trailer hitch from the vehicle frame. This caused me to require full frame replacement to tow trailer. But left the trailer undamaged, except for a dent on right wheel well from 3rd impact with deer.

So without being able to tow it, I have no use for it and am hoping someone else does.00U0U_fXaMDEAcLjf_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_2LBnUOAlyv7_600x450.jpg

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ShaunE said:

Does that include an incense burner with the interior package?fm

And a drop down bong.O.o

• Haha 2

Fishnwiz- Mark = , I can only come to Portage for one day (Friday) and was planning on staying overnite in back seat of my truck, have to leave early Sat. a.m. as we are up in Rhinelander that week for Hodag Country Festival. 

If you buy this, I can sleep in your new "camper" instead. 

How 'bout it?     

Lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macallis180 said:

Fishnwiz- Mark = , I can only come to Portage for one day (Friday) and was planning on staying overnite in back seat of my truck, have to leave early Sat. a.m. as we are up in Rhinelander that week for Hodag Country Festival. 

If you buy this, I can sleep in your new "camper" instead. 

How 'bout it?     

Lol!

You have to bring your own weed.O.o

I would of advertised it as Jimmy Hendrix's former trailer.dOd

I bet the former owner has some AWESOME stories to tell.

41 minutes ago, acken said:

But can he remember those stories?

Short term memory loss O.o

My money says you would NOT want to give that trailer the black light test.:J

2 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

My money says you would NOT want to give that trailer the black light test.:J

Dont think I would want to go in it without having a black light test done first.  Ha Ha

• Haha 1

Well, Mark, if you buy it and bring it, I can bring lots of "weed" from my garden!  Lol.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, macallis180 said:

Well, Mark, if you buy it and bring it, I can bring lots of "weed" from my garden!  Lol.

I have a BUNCH of my own weeds in my garden but thanks anyways. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• littlefan
    • Johnsteer
    • Snojetter
    • JAV13037
    • andrew68
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts