Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TimJr

NOS tires

TimJr

Just finished washing up and applying RuGlyde to 5 NOS Goodyear 5.30-6 tires for my early Broadmoor tractors.  They had been stacked for a long time and will need tubes to get the beads to seat, but are the correct tread for those old tractors.  Seems like I have heard Goodyear stopped lawn tires in the 1980's.

20180630_184104.jpg

20180630_184044.jpg

20180630_184004.jpg

• Like 2

bowhunt4life
1 minute ago, MarksA-C said:

Looks like 5.30-6 on the side, what ya need

I need a set for my b207. The outside of the tires are wore pretty bad.

MarksA-C
Just now, bowhunt4life said:

I need a set for my b207. The outside of the tires are wore pretty bad.

I think you need to take it to an alignment shop ;)

• Like 3

Chris727
5 hours ago, MarksA-C said:

I think you need to take it to an alignment shop ;)

A little too much street running.??????? 

Chris727

Tim, those tires are awesome. Would love to find a stash of them someday. Have been trying to keep as many old ones tubed and preserved as possible as thats just about the only tire tread that looks correct on these old Broadmoor's and B-207s.

• Like 2

720nut
5 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Tim, those tires are awesome. Would love to find a stash of them someday. Have been trying to keep as many old ones tubed and preserved as possible as thats just about the only tire tread that looks correct on these old Broadmoor's and B-207s.

My thoughts also, have a few left from small frames I had

TimJr

I have a whole fleet of the early Broadmoors that need attention someday.  They range from the mutt 717 that I use around the house yet, to others that are kind of rough to a 717 that is very nice, just needs engine internals.  I think I have missed out on the days of getting the Briggs engine parts - I should have collected those long ago.  Now lots of the old flathead stuff is obsolete.  I need to get a list of the Briggs parts I need.  I have been collecting tractor parts for many years.  Now I just need a proper shop and the time to do them.  I have a black dash 6hp, a white dash 6hp, the 707 that my dad bought used in the mid 1970's and I learned to drive on, another 707 and the 717's.  I also have a 6hp standard - all the others are Deluxe.  Some are only recoil start, a couple have electric start.

Chris is right, the newer style of studded tires are not right when you are used to the old Goodyear studded tires.  These are going to be stored in a cool basement to keep them from getting dried out.  I have other good old tires that are stashed up the rafters, and I am worried the heat will ruin them eventually.  I try to wipe them down with the RuGlyde rubber lubricant every other year to keep them from drying out too much and cracking.

• Like 1

Talntedmrgreen

Fantastic rubber to have!!  Those early small frames do eat front tires.  They have intentional positive camber to aid in the tight turning radius.

I've never heard of the RuGlyde, but you can bet I'm going to give it a shot.  I just had some nice original Goodyear 6-12's delivered, and was thinking yesterday about how to clean them up and slow the dry rot.  They are destined for the B-1, as I hope to pull a plow with it if I can ever make a plow day.  I also have the original Riversides from my Squire 9 up in the rafters, and wanted to bring those back to life and get them back on the tractor.  The deck discharge took a tool on the LH tire.  

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

• Like 1

tadams

I have used Armoral on some of my old AC tires that where showing weather checking and it help bring the rubber back to more plyable 

BarryC

All four of the tires on our 1969 2210 Landlord are original to 1969. I think there are tubes in three of them. I find this pretty amazing.

Awesome looking B-1, Talntedmrgreen!

Edited by BarryC