Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"63" 725 on Ebay

arjr111

My wife thinks I'm a tractorholic and don't want me to bid on it Item #2015949604. He sent me a pic and it looks nice!.......Good luck Art

Art, You ARE a tractorholic, we all are, admitting it is the first step in dealing with your chronic tractorism. Look in the mirror and say, "I am Art, I am a tractorholic" its good for the soul. dougm

Yeah, guess she's right, almost killed me to sit on my bidding fingers and watch that nice 725 go for a hundred bucks, even though it went to a fellow member, thats probably gonna love it almost, as much as I would have....Art

I saw the tractor go on E-bay also. I was able to be "strong" and not place a bid. I'm up to five tractors, and I can't hide another one in my crowded barn. Besides, the long trip to pick it up was also on the down side. The price was right though, last year I paid $160 for a B-1, deck and snow blade, all painted roofing green. When I got it home I found the the Bevel gear box blown. Oh well, there is this B-1 advertised at a local auction this weekend, says as-is. I wonder....... Greg

Why spend money on a barn when there's tractors practically free on ebay? And I get to take a road trip with my son, disguised as a camping trip.... And "Gee Honey, I only bought it at that yard sale for the snowblower, and the tractor came with it. I'd have spent $100 just for the blower anyhow, getting a free tractor seemed like a good deal to me." I'll stick to denial for now......lol BTW, I'd like to make a point in the ebay debate both ways at once. I bid fairly late(8 min. or so to go), bid my max.(100), and got lucky too. I also realize this is that one-in-a-million long shot. I just hope she doesn't make me sell the tractor to recoup the cost of the snowblower.

Hello Art, Before this posting fades out into discussion heaven, I would like to mention that I think you should tell your wife because you didnt actually bid on the machine that she can now start calling you a "recovering tractorholic". And look at all the good you have done by sharing your problem with others...........all in good humor(right?) It would be interesting to me to see how many club members have bid on tractors and attachment on EBAY, I personally have bought about a dozen items, lost to other bidders about as many times and have only been burned one time. Dougm

Hey Daddycat, I'm glad you bid with a few minutes to go. I was probably going to bid $101.01 in the last few seconds, just because I couldn't bear to see it "unsold". That would have been "unthinkable". Then I would have had to try to come up with some wacky excuse, about how I typed in the bid and hit the key by mistake. And worst of all I would have had to endure that "look" for the next few weeks! But, as Doug says I can now claim, complete recovery. Enjoy it!.....Art