Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor - $800 (Waukesha)

fishnwiz

Thought this was pretty cool and a good price! ........... Home built small tractor, IHC lb stationary eng, trans is a wards 3 speed walk behind unit, and frame/ front axle was from older wheel horse. Runs great and drives only thing not finished is brake assembly. Nice little show an conversation piece! $800 Obo. Possible trade for ??? 

00606_iF9VBPg4QPv_600x450.jpg1

• Like 2

Seems to me this guy is losing money on this tractor? ? Either that or his labor is free? Looks like a pretty neat build to me but I have been wrong before? 

IHC stationaries are fairly common and not considered terribly collectible, so he may not be losing as much as you thought.

• Thanks 1

Was not sure...Looks to me from the pics that this was done right and not tossed together. 

I know nothing about hit n miss motors at all but find them very fascinating. 

• Like 1

The IHC L series are actually throttle-governed. They fire constantly unlike true hit-n-miss engines like the John Deere "E".

• Thanks 1

It looked a lot like a hit and miss engine. I looked up a video on that engine and you are correct.  I stand corrected  AGAIN.>:(

Thanks much for setting me straight. 

19 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Seems to me this guy is losing money on this tractor? ? Either that or his labor is free? Looks like a pretty neat build to me but I have been wrong before? 

Knowing how I work in the shop I'd say you are correct. I bet he lost interest and threw out his time. 

Being in the auto body business, I see people loose their shirts all the time.  Restorations, and custom builds of any sort, are time, and money consuming. More often than not, frustration, change of interests, or life circumstances force people to give up on projects they were truly passionate about at one time. When this happens many are just in bail out mode, countless hours of labor are lost, as well as much of the money invested into parts, tools, and outside services that may have been performed. 

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • PRMax9020
    • Ronald Hribar
    • lt-scir
    • AC710
    • WardM
    • tripleguy
    • TheFlash300
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts