Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bowhunt4life

The Killer B207

bowhunt4life

Inspired by our club president I was able to get my "Allis" weedcutter mounted on the B207. Couple tweaks and I should have everything aligned and then it will be off to tractor supply for a belt.

20180701_191821.jpg

20180701_191810.jpg

20180701_191814.jpg

• Like 5

TimJr

Back in the 90's, I was told by one of the Simplicity factory service guys who had been around there since the 60's, that there was one prototype weedcutter made to fit the Broadmoor.  I have some factory literature that lists it as an implement - I would have to dig for it. There are 2 versions of the early Broadmoor factory parts manual.  On the back it listed the implements.  One version listed the weedcutter, the other didn't.   Simplicity scrapped it and the whole weedcutter program before one made it to the market for the Broadmoor line.  Seems as though Simplicity got a little scared of the potential liability of the implement.  At first, he didn't even acknowledge that any weedcutter existed.  After a little pushing, he finally admitted he remembered the weed cutters and told me about the one for the Broadmoor.

As a side note, if anyone ever comes up with a hitch for a weedcutter, I have a pretty nice weedcutter, but it came with a 7000 series snowblower hitch on it and would like to have the proper hitch.  Or, I would buy a whole weedcutter regardless of condition if it had the right hitch.

Edited by TimJr
  • Like 1

tadams

An old local Simplicity dealer told me he called them about a weed cutter and they wouldn't admit that Simplicity ever made one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1