Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

weights and tiller

badcars

got a line on a 32 inch tiller for a simplicity. it says it fits a landlord, can it be adapted to a t-8. welding and making brackets is no problem, worried about the drive? i now have 12.5 hp and want to start working this machine. i also need a cheap line on some wheel weights, with more power i spin alot now when i get in a bind. any halp???????

Lug tires are a great place to start when looking for traction in dirt, best buy on factory wts is a 'parts' tractor found for cheap. I've gotten 5 sets with 3 tractors, trouble is the last 2 had none. Been wanting to check out oil field, or commerical plumbing type fittings as they are large, heavy chuncks of iron with bolt holes in them, just haven't hit the right scrap yard yet.. Never seen a Simplicity built Homelite 'yet' so can't help you on the driveecept that on the landlord it runs off the bgb on the left side of the tractor..good luck..MPH

If you could get hold of two oil field drill bits of the right size, say 6-10" weld a flange on the threaded end and drill for mounting bolts. The drilling cones would stick out similar to roman chariott spinners. Might be cool!! And plenty heavy. I have a 6" bit that weighs round about 100 lbs. Down here in Texas, these are plentiful.

Hi , one thing I have seen is to use a set of old cast iron weights from a gym set. Just check out some old weight sets at garage sales. Drill the wholes accordingly, get some ready rod, and bada bing-- wheel weihgts.