Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

314 clutch question

deebig

My 314 clutch pedal does not return all the way on its own. It returns enough to function but I can take my foot and pull it back about an inch. I have sprayed lube on both sides of pedal shaft and spring appears ok....

You may have rust or dirt on the pedal shaft where it goes through the frame.  You may need to remove the nut on the end of the pedal shaft and remove the pedal and clean the shaft.  .  

If it's not just sticking as described above, the spring at the clutch pedal may have broken or come loose.  I believe the 300 series tractors had one (My AC built Homelite T-12 of the same area does).  They pull the pedal up the last inch or so after the main tranny idler pulley spring in the back has engaged the belt.  Here's a couple of pics of the spring in my B-110:

IMG_2097.thumb.JPG.fa13bb76c9aded98eea728296f809ef3.JPG

IMG_2099.thumb.JPG.07caa084780024b20f09de20dec66185.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom45 said:

You may have rust or dirt on the pedal shaft where it goes through the frame.  You may need to remove the nut on the end of the pedal shaft and remove the pedal and clean the shaft.  .  

Yeah I believe you are correct. I would've thought it would eventually loosen up as much as I have used it!