Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

July 4th parade

steve-wis

Hello to all!

I got a club banner from Josh and built a display rack on my simplicity trailer, complete with flags, etc, and pulled it with the Allis Chalmers T816 in our parade this morning.  My grandson helped out as a candy thrower.  After the parade I parked the trailer along with three tractors in the front yard, had a lot of curious folks stop by and check them out.  Here are some pics of me, along with a couple of interesting pics of other parade entries.  The miniatures are completely made, including engines, transmissions, etc, by a local man.  He does wonderful work!

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

pics 2.JPG

pics 3.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good way to advertise the club Steve. Looks like your Grandson was having fun. Miniatures are very interesting. Thanks for sharing pics with us.

• Like 1

AWESOME. That's what I'm talking about. Small town parade with some incredible miniatures.  

Way to REPRESENT the club in a fashion that makes me PROUD  to be a part of it. The fact you tied your passion of old tractors into the parade ,  makes it all that more special. 

Thanks for sharing and flying our colors.

Could there possibly be a bigger slice of Americana and of a day gone by than that??  LOVE the small town.

Happy 4th!

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Also love the miniatures.  I see a PTO shaft; are they fully functional?  

Yes, fully functional as far as I know.  Some parts from the original equipment was used to make the miniatures, such as the gears from a rotobaler knotter were used for the bull gears in the tractor, etc.  At least that is what I am told.  I expected to see a briggs engine in the tractors, but instead there is a small 4 cylinder just like the big ones, really nice work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1