Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Portage headsup

fishnwiz

Just letting the members know I will be at Portage tractor show and set up in Swap area.(Fri / Sat) Please stop on by and say hi. I will not remember anyone I have met before with few exceptions. ..please don't hold it against me.  I also may call you by a completely different name than you told me less than a minute ago. I also won't recognize anyone from pics or avatars ...in other words....the ol grey matter just ain't what it used to be O.o

I am the big guy that used to look like John Elway, (not a good thing) Nick Nolte  (also not a good thing) which by the way has gotten me a few free drinks from the ladies . JK. ^_^ but NOW I just look.... old with a grey goatee wah

Stop on bye and say Hi!..I am downsizing some of my extra parts and memorabilia that I have collected over the years. ....Looking forward to meeting you!

I'm cheaper then flea bay and you don't have to pay the shipping! :J

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm bummed. I had big plans on attending Saturday, but then found out that is the day of my niece's birthday party. So I was gonna go Friday, then my fuel pump went out on my Tahoe, and the new one won't be here until Friday. I was looking forward to the show and meeting some of the members on here. 

9 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Always next year. Sorry you couldn't make it. 

I to won't be able to make it , but hoping all of you who do will be kind enough to post plenty of pictures, thanks all

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Another one bites the dust...I think Josh is also out this year??  Too bad ...

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Sierra made it to Wisconsin today.  See everyone Friday or Saturday.. :D

Looking forward to seeing you Carl...stop on by and say hi!

Anyone going out for dinner and a few cold ones on Friday let me know.

• Like 1

I'll go visit you if you walk over & have a few beers with me.  We've got plenty of things to talk about & transact.  I just finished loading my truck as well with items for sale.  Tillers, Electric lift lifts, deck brackets, steering wheels, tires & Triad/Vanguard/Predator mounting plates.  Trailer will be loaded tomorrow morning with show tractors.

Looking forward to tipping a few and seeing your tractors. I have Iola car show in the AM but will be in Portage on Friday early.

Not too sure about the PBR though. :D

See ya then.

Edited by fishnwiz

I considered “borrowing” the Ford F-550 from my local Township I work for to go to this event. But my luck some idiot would t-bone me or something. Not sure that would go well with the board...xD

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Looking forward to tipping a few and seeing your tractors. I have Iola car show in the AM but will be in Portage on Friday early.

Not too sure about the PBR though. :D

See ya then.

I'm in the back row.  Look for the row of Nine Powermax tractors & a B-12.  Dropped off my stuff today & came back home.  I'll be there by 0700 in the morning.  If you don't like PBR, I'm sorry :J

• Like 2

No problem with PBR.Tried to contact the grounds yesterday to make sure I can get two spots..nobody called me back so I am winging it right now...should be plenty room?

Edited by fishnwiz

Did any of you sell a tiller setup for a Simplicity Baron today?  My buddy went up today and bought one. 

I just pulled into town. Will setup tomorrow. Almost thought I was going to be stuck in Mendota IL after refueling my 26 year old truck, it didn't want to crank. Was going to hot wire it but luckily disconnecting the battery reset the computer so it was good to go. Needless to say I didn't shut it off again until I got to Portage.

Edited by Chris727
  • Sad 1

Hate to be critical but been sitting waiting for 45 to get a parking spot...nobody seems to know what's going on. Only 1 guy ahead of me. Thought it would be a bit more organized after several years of running it. Maybe. ..lack of help??

my wife and I will be leaving early AM tomorrow to go.  only 2  1/2 hour drive.  Hopefully parking squared away

I know the feeling. At our show Friday morning we started setting up and a young new directors is yelling I need help to setup my stuff and one of the older directors started to walk his way a I told him we need to get Pa system up and he turned and came back and we put up PA system. The new director just shut up and worked on his own stuff and that was that way alll day. In the end 3 of us ended up getting everything finished up. Help is a important part of any show and when your directors are mostly in their 80s it is hard to get the work done, hard to get younger people involved.

• Like 1

Not ripping on these guys at all, just saying they need more volunteers to work this show. Has potential to be a big show but that requires more help.

Lack of communication seems to be a big factor.

• Like 1