Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Broadmoor Runs Slow after10 minutes or so

thekid03

I am original owner of 2005 Simplicity Broadmoor 20HP Hydro (# 1694682). After 10 minutes or so that tractor get's slower and can't make it up incline. I move it against wall and had gas full power and it doesn't spin tires but drive belt is turning. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank You,

Are the RPMs dropping off....or the engine is revving the same, but just proceeds more slowly?...if the engine is running the same ....have you checked trans fluid level....or changed it?.....I am not sure if there is a filter on that trans, but if so it could be clogged a bit

It sounds like the trans is getting tired.  I don't believe those are really serviceable other than fluid. You can try a different hydraulic fluid that maintains viscosity better, but I am thinking that you may have a tired old trans.

I have heard that some hydros , non Sunstrand,  had an  internal filter screen that would plug after oil gets warm and slow down transmission performance. You mower is 13 years old and it could be possible. Just a thought.