Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New member Anyone know of the 7099 or maybe 799 S

My uncle has a hydrostatic drive diesel simplicity for sale. He said it is a 7099 he thinks. He is kinda of lost some of his memory. I looked around the site a bit but did not find anything on the 799 or 7099. If anyone knows about this model any help would be appreciated. Also, can a pto be added to this model? Thanks Steve Vance

Hi, Welcome, I hope you learn to love this site as much as I do. Feel free to ask anything you want, there a lot of people that will help you. I believe you have a 7790, it is about the same as the rest of the 7100 family as far as attachments etc. It has an 18 hp Lombardini 2 cylinder diesel. These are a very tough engine and have super amounts of torque. Their biggest drawback is that they Shake a lot at low speed. Also they are quite loud, but one has to decide if that is a bad deal or a good one. They are very fuel stingy and tough but expensive to repair. I love to mow with one, it is like taking a locomotive to the grass. Again welcome and enjoy this site. It is the only site I check out on the net, as it is the only one that I feel I can justify with the limited amount of time I have. Welcome to a great family. Al Eden

I belive it is a 7790 Simplicity Lombardini Diesel. It is a 18 1/2 hp 790 cc 2cyl. air cooled, fuel injected diesel. they are a very powerful eng. alot of torque if you maintain it it should run a long time. Mine has worked as hard as any 10 other garden tractors. Only downside is it is hard to find parts for the engine and they are expensive as it is an Italian engine. But Knock on wood I have been very lucky. Only thing i have bought for it are 2 fuel injectors but i didn'T need them i wanted them. Price $165.00 each. At a conservetive estimate this engine has way over 5000 hrs on it and still going strong. Mine only shakes when it is started. But if the idle is adjusted right once it warms up a little it runs pretty smooth. When gas engines are dying down and running out of power this one is going strong. I have beat on it but it can't be beat it comes back for more. How much does he want for it? This and $1.00 might buy you a small coffee. Maynard aka/UCD

He wants $800.00 for it. He said it is running good but uses a little oil and needs new belts and new blades. Hopefully they wont be hard to find. Maynard, do you know where to get those parts? He has 2 new glow plugs for it but like you Maynord he never put them in. Do you know if a PTO can be installed on it? I see you are a starband user. Me too. Had it about one month. Thanks

$800 is a very good price. Change the oil and use a good 10-40 or 10-50 oil made for a diesel, or even a synthetic. The new belts and blades you can get from any simplicity dealer. The belts are expensive but you will buy alot of aftermarket belts before you would have to buy another Simplicity belt. The aftermarket belts will break as fast as you can put them on. The blades are a little more expensive but are a better Quality. You can buy cheaper Parts but you won't regret buying Simplicity parts. The only hard parts to find are for the Lombardini engine but they have dealers in USA. These engines are used on alot of mobil refrigeration units. Right in your back yard. Lombardini USA Inc. 2150 Boggs Road B-300 Duluth, Georgia 30136 (770)623-3554 http://www.lombardiniusa.com/ Kraft Power 675-A Progress Center Ave. Lawrenceville, GA 30243 Phone 770-963-6288 Fax 770-963-9678 Thompson Pump & Well Sys. Highway 17 South Ravenel, SC 29470 Phone 803-889-6644 Fax 803-889-8303 RE-Power Inc. 410 Longfellow Avenue Bronx, NY 10474 718-893-3400 Fax 718-617-2713 This engine does't use glow plugs it has a manifold preheater. The two things in the heads the fuel lines connect to are fuel injectors. A word to the wise get a quart of diesel fuel conditioner and add about 3oz. for 5 gal. And buy your diesel from a place that sells alot of it. I have had my starband for about 1 1/2 yrs. How come you don't use your starband email? I don't like there email page so i use outlook express works great. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD