Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B10, Big Ten, B110 Engine oil capacity

awampler

It's hard to believe I've been a member here for six years, but have never posted anything before. Anyway, I have one quick question.... Is anyone able to actually get 2 quarts of oil into the crankcase of a B10, Big Ten, or B110 engine. I have five of them and about the most I can get in there is approximately 50 or 52 ounces.

It's always been like this, but I've never had a problem. What does everyone else do?

Thanks!

A clean oil pan and with the tractor sitting level, you can get 64 oz of engine oil in the crankcase. The fill level is right at the top of oil fill.. When you drain the oil, do it at the moment when the engine is the hottest.

It's possible that that over the years you might have some sludge build up.

I figured some residual oil or sludge in the bottom of the oil pan was a high probability. I try to get the oil really hot and even lift the side of the engine opposite the drain plug higher to get the oil to drain out better. I think maybe one time I was able to get a full 64 oz into one of my B10s. Other than that maybe as much as 56 or 58 oz once. Usually though at about 50 or 52 oz the oil level is at the top of the threads on the oil fill.

Thanks for your feedback. In the future I'll explore other options to help get the remainder of the oil/sludge out. I'm only now getting back to messing with my garden tractors.....the past five or six years I haven't been able to tinker with them much at all.