Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

loader manual

steve-wis

Hello!

Does anyone have the manual for the 416 front end loader?  I have the one for the 515 loader.  I also have a sub frame for my 3112V.  The sub frame is not the same as the one in the 515 manual.  I am assuming it is for the 416 loader.  Also assuming the 416 loader would have been the one made for that tractor.  If anyone has the manual in electronic form, or more info on proper loader, please let me know.

Thanks!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 416 an ARK loader or is it designed for the AC 416 tractor?

I have dozens of loader manuals and dealer option catalogs, but I see no reference to a 416 loader.

Any pictures to help me?

My bad, I was looking for a 412 loader, made by Henry if I am not mistaken, not a 416.  Not sure what I had in my brain, sometimes what goes thru my mind is a mystery!  Thanks anyway tho.  BLT sent me the manuals I was looking for.

Steve

• Like 1

Bob to the rescue again!

Is the Henry 412 the same as the Allis L12? 

Nevermind, you already said the subframe is not the same as the 515 which is the same as the L12.

Edited by mohrds

Update:  Now that I have the manuals, I see that the sub frame I have has been modified.  It looks like the 515 and the 412 take the same sub frame.  I am going to un-modify mine to make it original again and mount it on the tractor.  What had happened with the sub frame is that instead of using the solid bar thru the side plates as the rear mount, someone had modified it to hook up to the back drawbar assy. instead of thru the side plates.  I have the parts to make it original, but some of them are welded to the frame in the wrong place.  I will need to grind off some extra stuff and remove the brackets that are welded on incorrectly and clean it all up.  I will get some pics when I can get into my garage and work on it.  It will take a while, I have discovered more things that I need to fix on the tractor before mounting the sub frame.

Again, thanks for the input, sorry this is turning into such a project!

Steve

• Like 1

The Simplicity loaders are a bit odd in how they were numbered v the Allis loaders.  The loaders themselves are identical. 

The subframe kit 990510 made the 990412/990515 equivalent to the L112 for long frame (variable and hydro) FDT's. 

The subframe kit 990516 made the 990412/990515 equivalent to the L12 for the short frame (3-speed) machines.  

The 990412 was originally offered for the roundhood landlords, before a long frame tractor existed, and was only setup for short frame tractors.  When the tractor lineup expanded to include long frame tractors, the loader model became 990515 with the two attaching kits.  I have never actually seen a loader tagged as a 515.  Each one I've seen has been a 412 with either subframe.