Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

36" Tiller on a Prestige?

victorsnc

Has anyone mounted the Simplicity 36" Tiller (Mfg #1690039 - 1987 vintage for RBT's) on the Simplicity Prestige?   Pictures of the Prestige from the time of its introduction until now still show a similar tiller as an attachment - so there must be a Simplicity factory hitch kit?

I have done the opposite...taken a Prestige tiller and put it on a late Sovereign.  The Prestige lift system and PTO setup is worlds apart, but the tiller itself is the same.  The Prestige does use a pulley/belt guard and mule that is different, but a 36" tiller can be unpinned from a Prestige and put right on a Sovereign.  When I sold mine, I shot a quick video of it operating.  You can see the mule.  That is part of what you would need to source if you wanted to take at iller off a Sovereign and put it on your prestige.  

20150813_140815.jpg

image.png.00c641da38bf6cc7cf78e1cbdc2f4498.png

Heres the topic of me putting a system together

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/59919-prestige-tiller-lift-parts/

I know you can still buy the tiller upfit kit to make it work on a prestige. Pretty high priced though.

I dont know that the rear lift for the tractor is still available. If you can find one nos somewhere from a dealer its going to be super expensive also. I got lucky, I managed to grab most of one off Ebay for reasonable money. Still, I think I spent near $700 to put that system together...not counting the tiller itself..

Edited by SmilinSam

• 3 months later...