Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

deebig

mower blades

deebig

My 3

AC314 48" mower, right hand discharge uses blade #607369ASM. Is there a substitute? Blades are 17" long but not sure of hole diameter. Need them now and it would be nice if I could find something at Lowes or TSC.

PhanDad

I believe you're short a leading "1" in your part number; the original blade part number was 1607369.

Oregon blade #91-033 is an equivalent.  The center hole is 7/8", which makes the blade an odd duck when looking for substitutes.  

wwbragg

6 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

The center hole is 7/8

I'm going out on a limb, here.  I hate to challenge a more experience contributor but 7/8 is almost 1 inch.  The parts lists I checked showed most of the blade bolts as 7/16 (just shy of 1/2 inch).  The blade hole could be that much bigger but it seems that there should be some kind of reducer.  Color me puzzled.

PhanDad
1 hour ago, wwbragg said:

The blade hole could be that much bigger but it seems that there should be some kind of reducer. 

Exactly.  The AC 300/400 and AC built Homelite right discharge blade holding parts are similar to the Simplicity left discharge "gull wing" blade holding parts that also uses a shoulder washer.  The IPL for the AC/Homelite arbor:

5b61280701c89_HomeliteArborBtmParts.JPG.c7e53e2cc06839791c214e08ed5bbbc5.JPG

Part 13 is a shoulder washer; part 12 is a spring washer.

The IPL for the "gull wing" blade arbor:

GullWingBlade.JPG.3d822b39dfdaa3547e79d54e9cbfb3e3.JPG

Part 22 is the shoulder washer and part 23 is the spring washer.

You are correct about bolt size - it's 7/16" fine thread for the AC/Homelite and coarse thread for Simplicity.  

kwt

I have 6 of these blades. 3 brand new, and 3 with about 6 acres on them. Close to new. My deck is toast (1973 Homelite t-16h) so I would be willing to part with them. Simplicity # 1607369ASM

I have a paypal account and can ship them USPS tomorrow.

Edited by kwt