Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dvdriz

Legacy 60" Plow Add Power Angle

dvdriz

I have a 60" plow with my Legacy (old style 2000ish) and it has the manual angle adjustment. I have a large powerful linear actuator I was thinking of using instead of the manual angle adjustment. Does anyone have a picture of how the cylinder connects to the plow hitch and blade I might be able to use as a reference. It seems as though I could use the bracket where the manual control arm connects to the blade but not sure yet. My actuator is a fast moving 4 inch stroke with 650 lbs dynamic force so I think it would do the job. I could use the mower deck height switch along with a reversing solenoid as the control so I think I can keep this pretty clean and simple.

dvdriz

I guess I should pay more attention. The hitch already has the mounting flanges for a actuator. This looks like it’s going to be an easy mod. 

• Like 1

locknut

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJRmvgoAptgLQh4GFlcOFaw

Some pics and youtube vids.The setup works slick,but I don't use it anymore.To the OP, a 4" actuator will likely not work.Too much leverage with this size blade. The actuator in the picture is a Bear Linear 8" 1000dynamic/3000 shock load.Extra new actuator goes with the blade.The blade and broom are for sale dirt cheap.Need room for other things that I use.

Edited by locknut