Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity ??? Not Sure what I have

moutnbker23

Not exactly sure what I have here. If someone knows please enlighten me. The ID plate is missing from under the seat. Can barely read Model 19 Briggs and Stratton Engine Picked this up the other day. Runs great other than some grease leaking from the rear axle. The drive belt broke yesterday but not sure what size to get for it to get it running again. Just changed the oil and greased everything. I know its missing the sleeve hitch, rock shaft, and lever if I got this wording correct. Would love to come across the parts someday but have no idea where to start or what to look for. Thoughts on my find???

37356989_10102380602123000_8748056218183925760_o.jpg

35165165.jpg

37377587_10102380602142960_639814346007904256_o.jpg

Whatever it is, JR loves it!!  dOd

From the oil bath air cleaner and low steering, straight handle shifter and 'square' gas tank, it is definitely a Model 700, maybe a Wonderboy 700.   I would have to see the other side to know which.

• Like 1

The little guys seem to like it. I don't see any lift mechanism but looks like a nice tractor. I saw something like it for sale near by here (north central IL) very similar seller said it was a Wonderboy 7 horse here https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1025718930927292 is one similar I found but now I cannot find the other that looked identical to the one you bought. Maybe you bought it?

• Like 1

You have a Model 700...it is basically the same as the Wonderboy ('59-60), but Simplicity had dropped that name designation in 1960 because their rear engine riding mowers had also been named 'Wonderboy'.  The Model 700 became the Model 725 in late '61.  The 725 is the most common model of this design, and there were actually two varieties of it.  Simplicity also made this tractor in Montgomery Wards badging, that aligned with both 725 variations.  So, between the Wonderboy, 700, 725 X2 and Wards X2, there are 6 variations that look nearly the same, with only minor mechanical differences (and the 725/Wards had a 7.25hp Briggs vs the 7hp Briggs of the WB700/700).

To boot, Allis Chalmers contracted with Simplicity in '62 to begin offering a yellow Allis version of this garden tractor, the B-1.  The Allis had a unique grill, seat and hood, but was otherwise a repainted later variety Simplicity 725.

5b644035290ab_b-1patterson.thumb.jpeg.3b4f6ffb7d3922ce1028f6dd6f66d86b.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I learned a few things as well. I picked this up off a friend near Charlotte NC. He had it for a few years and the more I looked at it over the years the more I wanted it. I've never owned any form of a tractor until this one so I know nothing about them. Trying to learn as much as I can. Right now I use it just to pull around a dump cart. 

• Like 1