Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My B10

SimpleB10

Now that I have my new seat mounted (thank you Mary Gearheart) I figured I would post a couple of pictures of my little B10.  I bought this tractor off of a lady from my church.  She and her husband bought it new in 1965 and it's been very well maintained throughout its life.  As far as I know, this tractor is completely original aside from the grill and seat, both of which I replaced.  Runs like a top.  I need to replace a bearing in the deck before I put it back on.  At some point the original deck must have rotted out because the one that came with it when I bought it was orange instead of yellow.  I don't plan on doing anything else to this tractor.  They are only original once and this one is just way too nice to fool with.  I also have a B12 with the hi/lo range in not so good shape that I want to redo but that's for later.

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

• Like 5

Nice catch on that beautiful little machine. Yes; keep it as original as possible. Hope you got a picture of the tractor with the original owner.

• Like 2

Love provenance in old utilitarian equipment.  Big part of someone's life. 

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

Nice looking tractor. Loved the one I had. Owned it 28 years with really not much trouble at all. Certainly far less trouble than the daughter that was born the same month I acquired the tractor LOL. Sadly I sold the tractor a couple months ago but I can't find any takers for the daughter. :D

If I had known about this group prior to selling I don't think I would have. It suited my needs perfectly. Rugged and strong enough to do everything I could ever ask of it, yet small enough and easy to handle for what I needed. Unlike the Sovereign I bought to replace it. Which is like trying to maneuver the Queen Mary around my yard. I am getting somewhat used to it, but honestly think I may look for something more manageable size wise to replace it next year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll trade you a B 10 for the daughter once she is old enough to cook and clean.:D

BUT...she MUST lay down nice and straight stripes with my Broadmoor! 

Edited by fishnwiz

Believe me she's old enough (28). She's my failure to launch child. Oddly enough the issues are between her ears. She's a drop dead gorgeous knock out and all she finds is losers. Her older sister on the other hand (now 30) landed a great catch a young VERY well paid executive at a huge world wide company, great guy, the whole package. I told her if I put an order in for a great son in law he'd be it. Yet she has nowhere near the looks (cute don't get me wrong) but not the knockout her sister is. So keep that B10 in the wings I may even throw in the Sovereign :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1