Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oldest 4 wheel garden tractor

Brent_Baumer

I think I have scored a 1959 Model 700. Supposed to go get it Sunday if all goes as planned. Got me wondering, what other makes (Cub, JD, Sears, Wheelhorse, Gilson, MF etc) had 4 wheel garden tractors that old or older? Anyone got a clue? Thanks, Brent

I have seen a wheel horse RJ-35 as early as 1955, not sure if they were any earlier or not, hope that helps a bit, Mark at Scott Landscaping[A href='www.scottlandscaping.com']www.scottlandscaping.com[/a]

I believe Wheel Horse dates back into the thirties with a four wheel tractor, but they were called a "Pond" tractor after the name of the founder. I believe the Wheel Horses of the mid fifties were the first ones with a lower profile and a wheelbase similar to what we're used to. They had the engine between the driver's legs, though, and not much up front except the gas tank and attachment lift mechanism. Jeff Snyder

Thanks for the replies. Really wondering about the deere's. I've seen some small JD's that look much older than the "old" style 110's, and are quite a bit smaller. Don't remember the model # though. Brent