Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Update on the Oh Nooooooooooooo!

MichaelL

The two bolts I'm talking about stick out about an inch from the black tin casing on the same level as the headlights on the front of the engine. One was very loose. I'll look it up in my Simplicity manuals to see if there is an official name for these bolts. Thanks for trying to help. Mike L.

Sorry for a blank posting! First I want to thank you guys for your advice. Yes, it is a 28XXXX model B&S engine and after taking a few minutes to look at it last night I found a very loose bolt on the front of the engine. There are 2 bolts that stick out of the front of the engine near the top and one of these was almost falling off. So could this be the cause of the engine breaking up and losing power or just the result of the vibration? It would be too easy to just tighten this bolt and she would run normal! I'm trying to get a repair tech friend to come by but he's so busy I may have to just wait 3 weeks for my appointment at the dealer. If you have any ideas about this loose bolt possibly being the connected to this engine problem please let me know. Again, thanks guys.

Go to www.briggsandstratton.com and look up your engine there. If you go to "shopping"..."Manuals".."Illustrated parts list"..you can search for the proper parts list for your particular engine, then view a FREE pdf file of the parts list. you can then order them online from different sources....hope this helps[A href='www.scottlandscaping.com']www.scottlandscaping.com[/a]

Can you be more specific on which bolt/bolts are loose? What do they hold on? When you say front of motor do you mean front in relation to the front of the tractor? I can not think of any bolts that are supposed to be loose so I would tighten it up and try it out and while your at it check all other bolts to be sure they are all tight. Good luck, Rob